Is there a fee for changing reservations if the number of nights is the same?

Laura420
Level 2
Fort Worth, TX

Is there a fee for changing reservations if the number of nights is the same?

I looked in airbnb help but did not see the answer. Does airbnb charge a fee if I as a traveler change the dates on a reservation if the number of nights is the same?

I understand that the host may charge a higher or lesser nightly fee based on the day of the week, but this question is strictly about any airbnb fee that might be imposed.

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

The Airbnb fee is a % charge so it will change depending on whether your new dates are more expensive in total or cheaper

Thank you for taking time to respond. So generally speaking if the nightly rate is the same rate for each night, there is no cost to change? That is what it sounds like.

Is there a way to know the % or is it scaled, like 5% between x and x, 10% between y and y?

It does seem a bit of a mystery.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Laura420 hi,

Other hosts can probably put me right, but I saw a post quite a while back that the percentages are calculated according to either the rental fee or the length of booking to distribute the fee for a service better. So less would be charged the highest percentage while  higher amounts or longer bookings would be charged lower.

Wow. They don't make it easy. Thank you for explaining.