Is there a way to filter search by cancelation policy?

Julie185
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Is there a way to filter search by cancelation policy?

For business trips, my company will only allow me to book Airbnb listing if they have a flexible cancellation policy. Is there a way to display all flexible cancellation policy listings in a search? It is not one of the filter.

Thank you 

48 Replies 48

Hi Julie,

You are right, there is not a filter for that type of search. Sorry.

Lisa446
Level 3
Chgo, IL

There used to be. Apparently, it has been removed. I'd submit a request to have it reinstated.

Yes it was there last time I booked. But not this time. I generally like to filter for 'strict' cancellation policy because I am pretty sure I am not cancelling my trip and I do not even want hosts to cancel because then you have to search and book again. And that adds to all the plannig you had done. Can we have this filter back again?

@Muddassar0, I think the penalty for the host is the same if their cancellation policy is Strict, Moderate, or Flexible. If a host wants to cancel, I don't think having a Strict policy is going to prevent them any more than a Flexible one would.

Matthew269
Level 1
Seattle, WA

I'm looking for this too. The alternative is not booking with Airbnb. Just because people need to select a property based on flexible policy does not mean they intend to cancel! Thank you.

Amir45
Level 1
Redondo Beach, CA

I also would like to be able to filter for cancellation policy. I read that it used to be a feature.

Jordan118
Level 1
Dillsboro, IN

This is the opposite of good user experience. Why do large companies insist on removing useful features..... oh wait I know $$$

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Julie

While on the face of it Julie, your suggestion seems reasonable,

another suggestion that was made by Hosts was that Guest whom cancel often will have their account suspended.

I would like to suggest that Business ready Hosts should have a flexible cancelation policy imposed upon them, the only down side of that would be, a stampede of Business ready Host reverting back to regular Host status and for those Host willing to put up with this imposition a large price increase. 

Be careful of what you wish for.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

Denise25
Level 1
Austin, TX

I want to chime in (for what it's worth) to say that I am looking for the same filtering feature.  I have very elderly parents so I just never know if something is going to cause me to have to postpone a vacation.  If I'm spending $4K on an Airbnb and I will lose HALF of my money if anything changes after just 48 hours after booking, that's just too much risk.  It's too much to expect customers to have to click on every single property to find the rare ones that have a flexible cancelation policy.  I am staying at a hotel instead on my next 2-week vacation because of this.  I'm bummed because I would much rather have had an entire house than just a hotel room for the same price.

@Denise0 I have a Strict policy, so I can not join the Work Collection because they only allow Flexible or Moderate cancellation policies. So select Trip Type: For Business as a search option. This will give you what you're looking for.  

Hi, Letti ~ I'm not sure why you're not allowed to join. I just switched on the "for work" button & am still getting homes with a strict cancellation policy.

Chad128
Level 1
New York, NY

Please bring this useful feature back!  c

Yes, please allow renters to filter on cancellation policy.  I, too, have an elderly mother, who I'd like to take on vacation, but cannot commit that she will be feeling well enough to travel months in advance.  Is it possible for me to plead my case to a strict-policy homeowner and have the cancellation policy made flexible for my situation?

Adriano153
Level 2
Cascavel, Brazil

I do not use nor ever will use Airbnb because of this idiotic lack of feature.

A stupid case of greedy ruining UX.