Is there a way to require guest to list all group members in their booking

John-and-Nadine0
Level 1
Waterloo, Canada

Is there a way to require guest to list all group members in their booking

Instead of asking a guest to list all group members in the messaging thread is there a way to setup bookings so they can enter them in the booking request?

5 Replies 5
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@John-and-Nadine0 yes, the guest can do this... no, they never do... my ad even said I'd give them a discount if they did... still nothing.

Asking the guest direct for all guest info is pretty much your only option

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@John-and-Nadine0,

When a guest books, and doesn't list the other guests on the itinerary, I remind them that it's required, and send them the link to the directions to update the guest details: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2369/how-do-i-add-or-remove-guests-on-my-itinerary.  If they don't make the update, I send them a reminder that to avoid delays with sending them the door code, they need to complete the revision right away.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@John-and-Nadine0 

@Debra300  Is correctly point out.

The guest need to complete the itinerary in the booking request and add other members full name before check in.

Can’t change the members name after checkin or replaced other person.    

Do forward the above link to your guest.

Stephen1156
Level 10
Brogo, Australia

It's a difficult lever to move, isn't it? I've always done it as a guest, ever since I began using Airbnb; it just seems like good manners to me.

Since beginning hosting, it's apparent that not everybody (very few, in fact)  provides the details of their travelling companions. We're using Scheduled messages to provide info to our guests as their stay approaches (and during), and I've added a prompt there during our booking acknowledgement message to see if that makes a difference.

It's not a huge deal, but I would prefer to know who's coming with the booking guest. There's also the added benefit that. the additional guest(s) get the reviews on their profiles as well.

Steve

Martin-And-Lesley1
Level 2
West Bridgford, United Kingdom

Hi I’m new to Airbnb and have just received my first booking however I can’t see where I should have asked for all names and details of the group. I also didn’t really want a group but was wanting to target families. What can I do ?