Is there a way to search for listings with King Size beds? Shouldn't there be?

Answered!
Tj11
Level 8
New York, NY

Is there a way to search for listings with King Size beds? Shouldn't there be?

There are a few members of my family that are very tall, and whenever they stay in a traditional hotel they always make sure to ask and pay extra for a king size bed if possible.

Shouldn't there also be an easy way to search for the size of the bed? I don't see the option anywhere, and if members of my family (or others for that matter) are paying for a place that they can't get a solid night's sleep in like home, then it's worth very little.

I think this feature would help make Airbnb relevant to the masses and older generations instead of the more millenial crowd that doesn't mind cramped spaces (and also pays less)

1 Best Answer

Hi @Sam6522 

Airbnb had now added "King Bed" as a search filter. Check this article : https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-homes/a/community-feedback-inspired-these-airbnb-updates-...

[Link updated by Community Manager]

View Best Answer in original post

43 Replies 43
Peter302
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

I agree too. I hate small beds and now I have to ask like 20 airbnb hosts privately whether or not they have king beds. Please just make this an option to save us the hassle. Thank you

Mary-and-Oliver0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Throwing my voice in. PLEASE ad a bed size filter. Also, bring back the outdoor space filter. Filters like shampoo I find useless. And so many crucial ones are absent. 

Susan1508
Level 1
Boulder, CO

Gah! Why doesn't AirBnB add the ability to filter on bed size?  My very tall boyfried just has a better vacation when we have a King Sized bed, but the tedium of searching through every listing just to find the ones with appropriate beds is maddening!

Michael3386
Level 1
Oakland, CA

Where is this main site feedback form that everyone keeps saying we should be using instead of this forum?  I can’t find it.

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

Unfortunately, there is no common standard for the bed size. This Queen, King, etc. is used only where the "imperial" metric system is in use. In the  "metric" part of the world is not the same.

72, 82 and 90 cm is "Single" or "1 person" bed.

114, 120 is  "1½ person".

140, 144, 160, 164, 180, 200 and 220 is "Double" or "2 person".

@Dimitar27  That may be true in Europe, but not everywhere. Canada is on the metric system and so is Mexico. Both those countries use the terms Single (or Twin), Double (called Matrimonial in Mexico), Queen and King. However the standard sizes of those are not the same in Canada as they are in Mexico. They're a bit smaller in Mexico.

And there is no such thing as "imperial metric system". It is either the metric system or the imperial system. Maybe you meant to say "imperial measurement system".

The US and Burma are the only countries in the world which use the imperial system. You'd think they'd get with the worldwide program already.

Victor2051
Level 1
Blaine, WA

yes, every house we own and every one we host has king beds in every room, this seems to be the difficult thing to find easily on AIR BNB, what gives? going on a hoilday and have to take hours of research on each possible listing to find out bed sizes...not interested in queens and singles. not looking to not sleep well.

Come on air bnb should be a siple filter to add

Its so difficult to find a place that offers a kind size bed, why can't there be a filter that enables you to search like this. I'm tall 6'4" and will only book a place with a big bed. About time this feature is added.

Dani7950
Level 1
Chula Vista, CA

really need the option to quickly search for places with King size beds.  I have to move on to another tool that has the options I want. Too bad for everyone listing their properties on AirBNB.  Don't have the time to contact individual hosts to ask a question that should be clearly listed.

AirBNB - you continually drop the ball on this!  Please fix

It actually IS in the listing description; you just can't search for it. You have to click on the listings and scroll down.

BubbaLee0_0-1667618552859.png

Alan985
Level 1
Glasgow, GB

The link to the Airbnb feedback form is https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/feedback

If everyone who posts here can go and give direct feedback to Airbnb they might change things. They will not bother reading a thread in a community forum.

Red4
Level 1
Nisqually Indian Community, WA

This would be a great idea. A few months ago we found an AIRBNB just a quick getaway from here and it had a purple mattress. It was what made me want to go there, get a good nights sleep and now I cant find it because I cant search by mattress! Even if you could search for keywords on a listing it would be great

Lisa6414
Level 2
Jenkintown, PA

I have written to ask them the same thing. It would really help if this was a filter. 

Beth4735
Level 1
Round Lake, IL

This is especially true in other countries, where full seems the norm.  We can cope with a queen but have to look at EACH listing.

As a fairly tall millenial (there are plenty of us), I can say that it's not just the older folks who would be happy to see this added as a search filter. I know the standard mattress sizes are not the same between US/Canada, Europe, and UK (and elsewhere too I imagine), as I discovered after spending a night in a "Queen" size bed in Italy with a footboard in which I couldn't fully extend my legs. So additionally just having more information available on Airbnb about mattress sizing to the otherwise unsuspecting would be very helpful. This does have a significant impact on the trip—whether or not you'll be able to get a good night's sleep—so it's surprising Airbnb hasn't addressed this.