Is there a way to search for listings with King Size beds? Shouldn't there be?

Answered!
Tj11
Level 8
New York, NY

Is there a way to search for listings with King Size beds? Shouldn't there be?

There are a few members of my family that are very tall, and whenever they stay in a traditional hotel they always make sure to ask and pay extra for a king size bed if possible.

Shouldn't there also be an easy way to search for the size of the bed? I don't see the option anywhere, and if members of my family (or others for that matter) are paying for a place that they can't get a solid night's sleep in like home, then it's worth very little.

I think this feature would help make Airbnb relevant to the masses and older generations instead of the more millenial crowd that doesn't mind cramped spaces (and also pays less)

1 Best Answer

Hi @Sam6522 

Airbnb had now added "King Bed" as a search filter. Check this article : https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-homes/a/community-feedback-inspired-these-airbnb-updates-...

[Link updated by Community Manager]

View Best Answer in original post

43 Replies 43
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Tj11   Good point!  Would you mind reposting your point in the Host Voice?  Air BNB is looking for ideas that hosts favor to make changes using the Host Voice.

I've mentioned this several times, both as a host and as a guest even if they put it in the title I can't search for it.  And paying to upgrade my space to a king isn't worth the money unless I can advertise to people who want one.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Good point indeed.  But US bed size standards do not apply to everywhere on the globe, so the search option would not work well outside US. Despite this, European hosts are obliged to use US bed size standards in their listing.  I get around the issue writing the bed size in the photo captation and repeat in additional info.  I have never been dinged for inaccuracy or received any comments on bed sizes, so I suppose it works.  But it takes an awful lot of time for guests finding what they are looking for.  

Zandra0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I always think there should be an option for saying no pets. I have allergies and there's nowhere to exclude pet owners from my searches when booking ...
Diksha0
Level 1
Hanover, NH

Great idea! (testing post)

It's a good idea, but there are already LOTS of filters.   if the filter you need is not there, then you just have to use the "contact host" option to ask.  That option does not obligate you to book the space.  Though it does subject you to a few extra promotional e-mails....

—— 
Wes Groleau
伟思礼

doesnt help if you want to filter and only see king size beds

Aries1
Level 2
Makati, Philippines

really good idea. im so hard now looking for king size bed now for my next trip. 

i want to add also, maybe there should be bath-tub filter also. 

i think this 2 filter lacking from airbnb.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Tj

This point was made about three month ago and Airbnb did nothing about it. I host in Krakow Poland and it's not unusually to see both men and women over 6ft/1.8m tall.

Points, have also being make about consolidating post to stop the relentless fragmentation of similar request to no avail.

I'm completely confident that in another few months I'll see the same reasonable and logical point being made again.

Welcome to room 101

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

Ryan387
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I continue to book hotels instead of Airbnb because Airbnb continues to lack certain important features, such as filtering by bed size (and by guest rating).

Every year or so, I check Airbnb again, and it still doesn't offer this kind of filter, so I go back to searching hotels. It's such a shame.

@Aries1 and @Ryan387   Mentioning the need for these filters here on the community forum will not result in change. Please ask for these filters on the airbnb main site on their feedback form. If they hear something enough times, especially from guests, they will make note of it and hopefully add them.

> Please ask for these filters on the airbnb main site on their feedback form.

A link to this form would be even better !

David2778
Level 1
Markham, Canada

I agree with this as an issue and provided general feedback to Airbnb corporate.

I would like to see standardization around bed sizes, and don't care what method you use (inches, centimeters,  american bed sizes [queen, king, ...], or something else. Pick one and communicate this on the site so guests can choose their preferences.

Im sure they could automatically convert between metric/imperial with a simple script, so the host can choose to enter their preferred format.