Is there a way to turn off the price tips?

Lisa-and-Kurt0
Level 2
Marrowstone, WA

Is there a way to turn off the price tips?

I find the price tips annoying, and highly off the mark as far as pricing goes. We have been booked to capacity with our chosen rates (which are much higher, btw, than what the price tips keep suggesting) and yet everytime I go into the calendar it is trying to talk me into changing to a lower price. Since I have no interest in this "feature", is there any way to turn it off?

24 Replies 24
Trang10
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

You just go to smart price then set minimum price and maximum price and save ,then  price will be change .im the host and its happened to me also,then  I need a half day to find out that way J

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

You have an option to only preview the prices generated by "price tips". If you don't like what you see, cancel it instead of accepting it.  I agree, it is an annoying feature, but after all it can be simply ignored.

Best regards, Emiel

For the smart pricing, now Airbnb applies the tip prices at MIN and MAX.  So adjust by smart pricing to turn off tip prices is not available.  Anyone has better advice?

Sergei10
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

In my case a 10% discount was added to my listing that I would not exept accept othewise - somebody managed to book my place at that rate. Could I possible click on one of those tips by mistake!? I don't need those tips and that give me chance to go wrong.

Aghamir0
Level 1
Baku, Azerbaijan

Hi. Airbnb advised this is easier done from a computer rather than a phone 

open your calendar and click on the date you wish to adjust the price for. A menu will open up on the right hand side of the screen and you can change the nightly price there and save it. You will need to do this manually for all dates that you have selected price tips for. I also turned off smart pricing from this menu.

my prices were way too low using price tips so won’t be doing this again.

hope this helps someone 🙂

Thank you! This was driving us crazy trying to find and figure out!

Gary523
Level 1
Fresno, CA

Ok

So as I am starting to understand - you have to use smart pricing  or the price tips pricing takes over - with no way to turn it off?

other than to manually change each night's price - 

Did anyone ever answer you on this? I’m having the same issue. Knocked my $99 base price down to $24/night. Had somebody book an entire month before i caught it