Is this a legitimate host?

Christiane120
Level 2
Antwerp, Belgium

Is this a legitimate host?

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with this host (house in Fuerteventura) cause can't find any reviews:

Thanks for your help. 

Christiane

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Christiane120 

The profile of the host (Javier) shows it is created in 2019, but the currently active listing is new, no reviews (yet) for that one.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Christiane120  If you want input on whether a listing seems legit, you need to post the URL link to the listing, not just the name of it. Then others here can check it out. 

But the idea that posting here on an international forum with thousands of users, will be seen by someone who has stayed there is not likely to give you results.

Hi Sarah,

What do you suggest I do to get any respons?

I tried to add the link to my original post but didn't succeed unfortunately.

This is the link:

https://www.airbnb.fr/rooms/51514266?check_in=2022-01-09&check_out=2022-02-20&guests=1&adults=2&s=25...

@Christiane120  As Emiel has pointed out, it's a new listing, therefore would no have any reviews. And if no one has stayed there yet, you won't have luck trying to find someone who has.

The host doesn't really seem to understand how to put up a listing, as he hasn't written up any listing description. But if you have doubts about a listing, there is no reason you can't send an Inquiry message to the host (the Contact  Host button) and see if you get a response which sets your mind at ease.

In case you aren't aware, when  you book an Airbnb listing, the money doesn't get sent to the host. Airbnb holds your payment until 24 hours after you check in. 

Ok thanks for your help and kind regards