Is this allowed? Multiple listings for same whole space?

Ginger-Jim0
Level 2
Evanston, IL

Is this allowed? Multiple listings for same whole space?

Looking around my "neighborhood" there is a property that is Listed three times.

Three basically identical listings for the same "whole apartment", not "private room in the space".

Each Listing has a different price with one saying it is for 5 Guests, 3Bedrooms at $149/night

One Listing says 4 Guests 2Bedrooms at $120/night

One Listings says 2 Guests 1Bedroom at $75/night

The Listings for 2 Guests/4Guests each say it is for the entire private apartment.

So someone cannot book 1 Bedroom and someone else book the 2 Bedrooms at the same time since it is not "shared"

I used to see places advertised as one space and then charge extra as more Guests were included with the booking.

Is this a new way to basically do that except the advertising of the space is just more upfront about it?

EDITED to add:

Just looked at the house rules and it contradicts the Listing category of "Entire Home"

Some spaces are shared - We have 2 rooms, If only one room is booked, you have the full apartment and complete privacy. If 2 are booked, you share bathroom, LR & kitchenette

3 Replies 3
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Ginger-Jim0 What your describing is fine: some people list the same space more than once with different options. It sounds like in this case, if the guest chooses the one-bedroom option, the host probably locks off the second bedroom so it can't be used. The guest would still have the place to themselves, so it would be a whole-home listing.

Regarding the rules on the one-bedroom listing, I'm wondering if perhaps they used to have three listings: one for the two rooms together, then one for each of bedrooms separately, but they decided to eliminate one of them. That's the only way it makes sense, because if a guest has to share spaces with another guest, it's not a whole-home listing.

Thanks, I think that makes perfect sense.  

Except for the part where they list the 1 bed Listing as "whole-home" when it may not be.  

@Ginger-Jim0 Yeah, hard to say without seeing the listings in question.