Is this normal in Airbnb?

Nina595
Level 2
California, United States

Is this normal in Airbnb?

I have been hosting for few years already and i’ve had many guests so far and i have never had any problem until i received email on Saturday July 4th from airbnb community support stating that incident happened with recent reservation and they limited access to my account and that if they don’t hear from me within 72 hours, they may remove my account from airbnb. They didn’t even call me or sent message via airbnb, luckily i opened my email on Monday morning and responded and called many times but my account can’t call and can’t send messages to airbnb support. I responded again to the email yesterday and today and i still don’t hear anything. That is so weird to happen on airbnb, i don’t know how i can get help to solve this issue or even know what it is. I will attach photo of the email. 

25 Replies 25
Nina595
Level 2

**[Private conversation removed in line with Community Center Guidelines]

@Nina595   I don't understand what you mean by "my account can't call." If you need to call Airbnb, you can do that from a phone. The US numbers are

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

I don't know how common your situation is, but the procedure they're using is the default for certain types of complaints - for example, if the guest claims there were undisclosed surveilance cameras or hazardous conditions. What is unusual is the timing, since your last review is 4 months old. Has there been a more recent guest who didn't review you? Or a guest from this year who left a particularly low star rating?

Nina595
Level 2

Hi Andrew, 

thanks for responding to my post. I mean i can’t call, my phone number probably blocked from airbnb as i tried to call 4 times and each time i waited over 30 minutes and one time over an hour. And when i try to send message to help on the app, it’s not activated on my account and i can’t write or send any message. My listings were removed and not posted anymore so i haven’t been able to get any reservations since Saturday. I didn’t accept any guest during the pandemic and just Thursday i accepted my first guest and he is still in my house and has no problems at all so most probably they mistaken my account with another account as i didn’t have any issue with any reservation. 

@Nina595 Your phone number wasn't blocked if you found yourself in the hold queue. Those are normal wait times now, probably due in part to Airbnb having laid off 25% of its staff and being overwhelmed with Covid-related cancellation issues. You can try getting Airbnb's attention on social media, sometimes people get better results on Twitter. But most people are just having to wait on hold for agonizingly long before they get a real person on the line.

It's entirely possible that the suspension of your account was an error. Another possibility is that there was a complaint from a neighbor or competitor. But your average rating scores would suggest that a small portion of your guests have given 1, 2, or 3 star reviews. If any of those occurred in the last 6 months, I'd suggest taking a closer look at any feedback and think of anything that might have happened during the stay to trigger the complaint. 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Nina595  In Feb 2020 a female guest suggested the male co-host was a bit inappropriate? - Could that be it??

Hi Andrew, 

I can not view my listings. While entering listings I see "Error code: 500". 

What happened? What can I do about it? 

I would appreciate your help very much!

kind regards, Magdalena

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Try to contact them on Twitter (Airbnbhelp) or via facebook.

Nina595
Level 2

@Helen350 there is no way, it is because of it. As i communicated with the guest after i saw the review and she confirmed to me that he did nothing wrong and she was happy with her stay and everything 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Nina595 Good!

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Nina595  Did any guests have a party or were they loud so that possibly a neighbor used airbnb's 'party line' to make a complaint?  It would have to be either a neighbor or a guest complaint directly to airbnb, I can't see how else the wording of the message would make sense.

Nina595
Level 2

@Mark116, no, i didn’t have any guest in the past couple  months, i just started my first reservation again after the pandemic in July 2nd, the guest is staying till end of July and he is happy and never complained or had any issue. 

Nina595
Level 2

Did airbnb system and the way of talking and dealing with their members totally change? See what how customer support was talking to me 

Nina595
Level 2

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Nina595  Maybe you can try Twitter, it sounds like whatever it is they think it is serious since they threatened to remove you from the platform.  Or, keep trying via telephone.