Issue in community software

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Issue in community software

I recently got a few times an error when sending a post (see picture), did not see it before.

When "return to my original page" is choosen, the written text has disappeared and I have to start over again.

Emiel1_0-1612649089726.png

Also i noticed nothing happens when hoovering over a profile inside a message thread (normally gives a pop-up to see members details or sent direct message). It works OK when outside the message thread.

Is it only failing at my side or ?

(i use Firefox browser)

10 Replies 10
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Emiel1  Yes, the function to click on a user's photo to go to their profile page appears to be broken. And I use Chrome, so has nothing to do with the browser.

@Katie  Could you check out this bug?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 @Emiel1 Whilst hovering over the profile picture no longer works clicking on the name still works. I Wonder when Airbnb will bring a decent structure to their updates to stop the software going backwards.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Emiel1 we get logged out frequently, I get that error message when I try to post without being logged in. Sometimes I forget to log in but it has also happened that I have been logged out automatically while writing. So far this has only happened while on the phone.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

I always copy the text of my post before clicking on the Reply or Post button, simply because the page may have timed out in the background.  I don't want to lose my carefully crafted reply and have to start all over again.  

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the tag @Sarah977 🙏

Sorry that you're getting these issues - we reported both of them to the tech team last week so they are working in the background to try and get to the bottom of it. As soon as I have an update I will share, and in the meantime please do let me know if you see anything else behaving a bit weirdly here on the CC 😊

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Engin17  Stop spamming.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Lorna170 @Sarah977 @Emiel1 

That “unexpected error” message that I frequently receive always puzzles me.

Do they have a list of “expected errors?”

@Brian2036 The one I get most often is the ‘invalid html’ error message. No clue what is invalid as I only ever type text. I can’t even insert emojis as they’re no longer an option. It only requires hitting reply a second time, and doesn’t erase my post, but it appears on about every second post. 

it looks like they’re gearing up for a big CC revamp. I expect we will be in for a whole new round of error messages. 

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Colleen253 

I frequently enjoy that one as well. No idea what it means.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

The error messsage is an error. 🙂