Issue with host's account

Miroslav5
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

Issue with host's account

Hi, i am facing to this issue. I have reservation (also paid) to next week, but when i try to contact my host - it says that her account has to be verified. I am in contact with her on facebook and she told me that her account has been hacked. Anyway my reservation looks to be active, also i recieved email today. So what do you think i have to do now? Do you think i have to cancel it, or just wait or what? Thank you guys

3 Replies 3
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Unfortunately host accounts are being hacked more and more lately.  If you have been in contact with your host via other means and you feel comfortable, I would  go ahead and keep your reservation.

Miroslav5
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

Thanks for your answer. Well, i found her fb account after i wasn't able to contact her on airbnb. She looks trustfully and she is very comunicable. And do you think, after she gets her account back, she also gets money from the visit? She should if airbnb figure it out, right? 

Penelope10
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

You should foward the details to airbnb help center about this problem as they are helping hosts recorder their accounts but about Facebook you will have to reach out to Facebook on what happened to that account too.