Just starting to host, can you check someone's reviews before pre-approving?

Just starting to host, can you check someone's reviews before pre-approving?

As above, new to hosting.  Have just pre-approved someone then, after a bit of googling have noticed they appear to be a student and are bringing 6 student friends along, bit nervous.  Does anyone know how to check if someone has a rating?

2 Replies 2
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Jayne1

Yes, you can either click on their photo or name and go to their profile if you are viewing on the webpage or email... From the app you can swipe left/right and check your guest profile with its reviews and verifications.

You are only able to view the reviews and verifications if they have any... But there are no star ratings for the guests ( at least I haven't seen them yet). We already have taken several group of young people without any incidents...

Luis

Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

Jayne, perhaps I'm being sceptical, but I find it odd that you had to google to find out how many people the guest was bringing with him. They're students, which - unfortunately - already raises a red flag for me. 🙂 (I live in a university town. 🙂

Have you asked the potential guest why he/she chose your accommodation?

Has the person indicated the reason for visiting? Is it over a weekend?

How long do they intend to stay?

I note that you have a 'no smoking' house rule. Do you think that 7 students would adhere to that? 

Your place looks lovely, and doesn't seem to me to be well suited to a large group of young people who might be intending to party for a couple of days. Of course, I'm only presenting a worst-case scenario. But in your shoes, I'd seriously re-consider the pre-approval.

Others, of course, may feel differently. 🙂