Keeping abreast of high demand dates

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Keeping abreast of high demand dates

This is a nebulous and ignorant question, but here goes....

Comicon week-end just passed and was very good to me.

After 2 years of being a host, I have come to realize there are popular times that can make my year profitable.

Comicon, graduation, Sakuracon, Doda II. 

How do I find lists of these events? OR even better, how can I find expected  Hotel rates and occupancy rates?

I imagine hotels guard this proprietary information dearly. On the other hand, future pricing can be found simply manually reserving a date.

Note, I do use smart pricing as a guide. While I don't use their prices, I use it to discover higher priced days and then set my own prices.

5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Paul154 - there's a site called Event 12 that has events in a city for every month of the year.  Here, for instance, is May in Seattle:  https://www.events12.com/seattle/may/

I don't know if you'll find it useful or not, but it's a start!

A question for you:  when you look at the smart prices, then set your own, do you go higher or lower?

Cheers,

Ann

@Ann72 

Thanks for that very helpful guide. I will direct guests to this site .

I always price higher that Airbnb smart pricing. Much higher and I still am in the middle of the competition.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Paul154 you might also consider pricing software that does this for you.  FWIW, I'm really happy with usewheelhouse.com. They charge a small commission on bookings but in my experience the increased revenue makes it worthwhile.

@Lisa723 So envious, still waiting for Wheelhouse to come to my area.

Daniel7962
Level 2
Chicago, IL

It has still not come to my area 😞