Keeping long weekend dates together

Natalie819
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

Keeping long weekend dates together

Does anyone know a straight forward way to ensure that long weekends are booked as a series. That is, specific dates (Fri, Sat, Sun) have to be booked together. The minimum night feature doesn't work because someone can still meet a 3 night minimum by booking Wed, Thurs, Fri or Sun, Mon, Tues etc and then mess up the long weekend. I had to decline someone recently who wanted Sunday and Monday of a long weekend which I don't feel good about but within hours I got another booking for the whole long weekend which was a much higher payout. Thanks for any advice. I wonder if the custom trip length is the answer?

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Natalie819 You would need to switch on pro tools (in your account) and then have a rule set that doesn't permit check in on Wed or Thursday together with a min and max stay of 3 days. Or you could not allow check in on any day except Friday and then have a min trip length of 3 days and a maximum of 7 days.

Marissa160
Level 10
Dallas, TX

@Natalie819  Yes I think the custom trip feature is what you need. I set specific days that I require bookings such as Labor Day, thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. and require a three day minimum those dates.  I had the same issue with guests using my two night minimum to book a partial holiday weekend. It only happened once and I figured out how to fix it quickly 😃