Key Exchange Help!

Thomas403
Level 2
Tulsa, OK

Key Exchange Help!

Hello all!

So ive been an Airbnb Host for a couple months now and Im trying to make it to where i dont have to constantly meet every new guest to be able to get into my condo! The problem im having is that, for anyone to get into the building you have to have either a key fob or actual key to get into the building and then you go up to my condo which has a pinpad lock. So im not worried about my door lock, i just dont know what would be an easy way for me to not have to worry about meeting them for the key fob to get into the condo building! (FYI ive been hiding my key for them behind little wood stumps by where the guest is parking, but its risky since anyone could easily pick it up) If anyone has any tips id love to hear it! Rather than keep asking my relatives if they can meet my guests while im at work or etc.

3 Replies 3
Donna241
Level 1
Washington, DC

I just started but I have the same problem! I don't know if there is a local option for like a key locker or something. Especially since I can't leave my keys with the security desk for guests. 

Have you found any solutions?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Can you install a lock box?

If not, why not have a later check in time so you can meet your guests after work. I do this and haven't had any problems arranging this with guests.

You could also employ a co-host who can handle earlier check ins.

I would not keep leaving your key in a hidding place. It's a security risk.

Harry84
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Helen,

Check out KeyNest -www.keynest.com. They work with local stores with long opening hours, and you can safely drop your keys and get guests to collect them with a code. They use a key fob so when it is scanned, lets you know via email when the key is dropped off in store, and when it is collected and in use!