Kids being left alone on property

Nancy409
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Kids being left alone on property

My listing says no child or adult needing supervision can be left alone at the home.  How have you resolved this?  

5 Replies 5
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

Hi @Nancy409 

I'm not very sure who you are directing this question to but just letting you know these are community boards and in no way associated with Airbnb customer support.

If you need to discuss something with Cs, you need to click the help button, scroll down to the end of the page and then click the help button.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nancy409  You have guests who leave their children alone at your property? That's unacceptable, and you need to make it perfectly clear to them that they can't do this. If they continue,boot them out.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

How old are the children? How long were they left for? @Nancy409 

Personally if they weren’t older teenagers, i would contact Airbnb and ask them to cancel the guests booking.

The kids could have injured themselves and damaged your property

I actually have a house rule that kids under 25+- can not be left alone on property.  This week I had to send an employee over because I felt that two girls were left alone.  The rules say that I will cancel a reservation without refund if a child or someone needing supervision is left alone.  

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Your listings are lovely, but I gather you are concerned about the entire house.  You do have a rule about under 25 years old supervision, but since the age of majority is 21 what do you do about about groups of 21 to 25 years old?  I think you might want to rethink the rule and address the issue of non competent persons left unsupervised.  That could be wider range of ages and conditions.  Once you have established a rapport with the booking guest, it is easier to address special issues directly.  Any complaints from you must be backed up with rule breaking and/or damages.  Air BNB is SO overwhelmed at this time, it is best you figure out how to address this situation as a business owner and not rely on Air BNB unless you decide to cancel.  Good luck!!