LITHIUM COMMUNITY app

Answered!
Maryam-Al-Fakheer0
Level 10
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan

LITHIUM COMMUNITY app

Does anybody know what this is?

Every time I connect with the community I find in my ACCOUNT ----> CONNECTED APPS:  Lithium Community.

Does anybody know if this is from ABB or not?

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Good news! We've updated the way the Community Center shows in your 'Connected Apps' section of your Airbnb account, so that's clearer.  You should now notice it says 'Community Center'. 

I hope this helps to put your mind at rest and thank you for highlighting this. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

53 Replies 53

Yes, it is..and I tried to tell eveyone last week the site was hacked and I was dismissed and told I need to change my passwords, now I am sitting here with no one to turn to or email.  I found Airbnb support on Twitter and they said they would let my special division know and they would contact me asap.  They have not been seen or heard from in over twenty four hours, and they attempted to empty my bank account. If you are smart, go close down your bank accounts now..Do you think Airbnb is going to give you all the money in your account back when this goes down?  No, they will be gone away with the hackers. 

John28
Level 6
Honolulu, HI

It is what is going to take over your computer and you are now hacked!  WELCOME!  I was right the entier time....the site has been hacked and "the Lithium Community" was an app connected to my account.  After last night when the special unit that was working on my case tried to take all of my money out of my bank account, but luckily I saw the email they had deleted..I called the bank and froze the account, I kept getting text messages to verify my bank account, which I did not ask for....It has now been over 24 hours and I have not heard a  word from anyone....They completely vanished...luckily not with my money, but they are coming for yours. 

Jan140
Level 2
Boulder, CO

I just found it too, what is this?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Jan140,

Lovely to meet you. My name is Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here. 

I've posted a reply above, does that help? 

Let me know if not.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Donna3
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Remove Lithium Community.  The other day I received a booking for the holidays and it was priced at $69  a night.  My rate is $178.  When I contacted ABB CS, she said that she has seen this kind of error when someone has the Lithium Community app.  I removed it.  I do not recall ever adding it.  It was from December 2015.  

Eimear2
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

This is part of the network of personal data connecting apps.

If you want to get even a sense of what these power and profit-hungry companies are doing, watch "The Great Hack". It is on Netflix and shows how Facebook, Cambridge Analytica and its new faces, like Lithium, are gathering up to 5000 points of personal data on each of us. The purpose? Yes, to sell you things and grab your attention with personally focused ads and 'information'. .. and to persuade you how to vote, think, run your increasingly managed life!!!! Get off as many apps as you can. Get off Facebook if you can.

criticx

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Good news! We've updated the way the Community Center shows in your 'Connected Apps' section of your Airbnb account, so that's clearer.  You should now notice it says 'Community Center'. 

I hope this helps to put your mind at rest and thank you for highlighting this. 

Lizzie

--------------------

@Alexa3161  Stop spamming this forum.