LITHIUM COMMUNITY app

Answered!
Maryam-Al-Fakheer0
Level 10
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan

LITHIUM COMMUNITY app

Does anybody know what this is?

Every time I connect with the community I find in my ACCOUNT ----> CONNECTED APPS:  Lithium Community.

Does anybody know if this is from ABB or not?

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Good news! We've updated the way the Community Center shows in your 'Connected Apps' section of your Airbnb account, so that's clearer.  You should now notice it says 'Community Center'. 

I hope this helps to put your mind at rest and thank you for highlighting this. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

53 Replies 53

Thanks @Lizzie ,

Good to know. I too only just noticed it. Wish I’d known, or more exactly, wish it had been called Lithium Airbnb or similar. 

I know, I know, if wishes were kisses... or is that fishes?

Have a great day.Lithium Community appLithium Community app

Loving the Airbnb community and it’s diversity❣️
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Maryam-Al-Fakheer0,

Thanks for asking about this. It would be really useful to understand a little more where and when you are seeing this and if you see other apps alongside it? If you see it again, would you perhaps mind posting a screenshot of this? 

Thanks so much 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

How can I upload a screen shot?

It is in ACCOUNT SETTINGS ---->  CONNECTED APPS...   there you can find it as soon you connect with the COMMUNITY for the first time. You can delete it, but every time you connect with the COMMUNITY you will find it back again. 

Lithium is a social platform. Airbnb seem to be using it to run the community section. It was visible on the beta. It is no longer visible on your computer but presumably to run on a phone airbnb community needs lithium. Just google lithium community and you will find it. It is very common for companies to use components from other companies rather than write their own. They are under no obligation to tell you this. Netflix eg uses silverlight. My bank uses java.......If I see a company name that I know pop up I dont worry (I have a software background) and I dont usually google if I see something arrive in an email from a reputable company as lithium did. Maybe I am too trusting but what I do check are the email addresses from which something arrives and the domain name eg anything from airbnb should come from airbnb.com or airbnb.ie or airbnb.co.uk not eg xxxairbnb.com

@Margaret0 Thank you for explaining all this. But you said..... "They are under no obliation to tell you this".  Then, how are ABB'ers suppose to be causious for mallware, hackers and bad apps?  AFTER my account was hacked it was the first time I noticed this app in my account. I am not familiar with these kind of apps like you.  And for your information: It IS visible on my computer as I stated before.

Google the app if you are wary of it. LITHIUM is a reputable company supplying social media platforms, you find it on google. 

You may have a point that airbnb should say this community platform is based on lithium but many many websites use outside pieces of technology . Every time I file my taxes I seem to have to update java. Every time I run netflix I get messages to update Microsoft silverlight. 

I don't understand your point on Lithium being on your computer. I am not doubting you but I am airbnb on my laptop as a web service. When I originally was invited to this forum, I logged into Lithium not airbnb. That is what I meant by no longer visible. I checked my windows laptop. I have no Lithium processes running and no Lithium code installed (It could not have installed without my permission). I seem to be running a web service on the net.  We are probably using a site hidden under airbnbs branding. That is common industry practise. 

Running an app on a phone or tablet is a different thing. 

@Margaret0 My point is that Lithium apps was suddenly added into my AIRBNB in the CONNECTED APPS section while I DID NOT ADD IT.  I (and I think many others) have never ever heard about Lithium. My ABB account was hacked very shortly after that. This had of course nothing to do with Lithium. But if you don't know what Lithium is and not added this application yourself, then it raise questions. I contacted the help desk of ABB and the "expert" at first told me it was NOT from ABB and I should delete it !

So, even an "expert" from ABB did not know about LITHIUM.  It is all about SAFETY & TRUST.  

IF there was a notification in the COMMUNITY that when you enter the COMMUNITY, the LITHIUM app will automaticly appear into your ABB acount, than I wouldn't have to worry about it. 

So the point is about SAFETY & TRUST. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Maryam-Al-Fakheer0,

I completely understand your feelings here, I am sorry for the confusion over this. 

Just to confirm, as @Margaret0 said, Lithium is the platform that the Community Center is built on. It isn't really something that you will normally come across on your dashboard and it is generally only refered to by the dev/tech team working on this - we use Community Center. As the new Center has only recently been launched we are still going through a slight transition period where we are working on the ways things are appearing and ironing out any bugs, most of which gathered from feedback from the Community. It is really useful that you have spotted this, it is something that I hadn't previously noticed and so we will look to amend and make it clearer as you mention. I agree transparency is so important and pride myself on being as open as possible.

Thank you again and I am really sorry that this was worrying for you. I hope to speak with you further within the Community Center. 

--------------------

This AirBnB response was 2 years ago and the problem still exists. 

I ended up here through Google, trying to find out what the stupid thing was.  Hilarious (not really) that this is still a problem 2.5 years later.

This was four years ago and I just discovered it on mine.

Thanks @Lizzie for clarifying. Just to mention that the line at the bottom of your email  doesnt work. see below. Either link brings you to the main community centre page. I would personally lnot to get email notifications and don't know how to turn them off. 

~"To control which emails we send you please go to, manage your subscription & notification settings orunsubscribe."

Screen Shot 2015-12-23 at 11.20.14 AM.png

I had it also and deleted it. Noticed this thread after I deleted. Do I need to add it again or was it just used in beta? I was also suspicious of it and was getting ready to change my password. 

Maryam-Al-Fakheer0
Level 10
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan

@Deb0 - As soon as you visit the community again, it will automatically appear again in your account.  You can leave it there, it's part of ABB community program.  🙂