LOOKING FOR AN APARTMENT

LOOKING FOR AN APARTMENT

I am looking for an apartment for 2 people, me and my friend and she’s a girl. We are 21 years old and we’re coming to Berlin for a semester abroad at GUC in Berlin.

We’ll be staying from 5/10/2021 till 28/2/2022 (5 months) Our budget is 600-1000€ and we need an amneldung. We’re also looking for safe neighborhoods like Charlottenburg, Mitte, Wedding, Prenzlauerburg, Willmersdorf, Am Borsigtrum or any neighborhood near those or the center.

I’ve searched many times and couldn’t find anything. And the apartments that got accepted in was a scam. 

please help us because we’re in a miserable situation.

Contact me if you have anything available;

email: **

phone: **

Thank you and have a great day!

**[E-mail address & phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would say Airbnb is not really suitable for long term bookings. You have no tenant rights and pay a large Airbnb fee @Salma89 

You have quite a small budget for an apartment in a good area of Berlin.

It sounds like you are a student - could your university not help with accommodation ?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Salma89  Hopefully @Anonymous will be able to give an accurate view on your chances of finding something suitable.

@Salma89   The Anmeldung might be the hard part - you need a letter from the landlord in order to register the address, and most of the fixed-term rentals of whole apartments within your budget are going to be sublet by renters who can't support the registration.

Airbnb is definitely the wrong platform for what you're looking for - you'd need double the budget, and registering the address would not be an option. The most popular site for furnished rentals is https://www.wg-gesucht.de/ (in German only), and here's one that actually has a search filter to indicate landlords who will allow you to register the address: https://housinganywhere.com/  With the term beginning so soon, you might have to be open to moving into a shared flat with roommates (WG). 

A new lease for a vacant flat is much harder to come by in Berlin these days - there's a lot of competition, and anything within your monthly budget is likely to be unfurnished, which means you'd have to buy your appliances and often even stuff like kitchen cabinets and wardrobes separately. Not a good option for just one semester.