Lack of payout and poor response from Airbnb support

Margaret339
Level 2
Dolphin Coast, South Africa

Lack of payout and poor response from Airbnb support

I had guests from 8th till 12th July 2019. On 9th I had message from Airbnb to say payout was made to my Paypal account. It should have reflected before the 12th.  To date no amount showing and I phoned paypal in USA from South Africa and definitely no deposit made. Paypal They would need the transaction ID from Airbnb to look into this matter further. Despite numerous messages to support asking for this I am no further as each time I get this message back from Airbnb support  which I have been trying to get my using Airbnb help support.... Every time I get this message "Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this issue. I've forwarded your inquiry to a member of my team who can better assist you. They'll be getting in touch with you soon.

In the meantime, please feel free to respond to this message with any further questions or concerns."But no actual help and no transaction ID as requested and no payment either.  I have had only 5 star ratings but am seriously wishing I had never listed on Air bnb......it costs to host and it is not fair to be given the runaround when for some reason beyond my control Airbnb have not paid. The guest paid them. I am not impressed. In addition there is a support number given for South Africa with the words (Toll Free) behind it. Well NO it is NOT toll free to phone a US toll free number from South Africa - it is hugely expensive and gave up when the call was not answered timeously. How do I get assistance from Airbnb to actually get the payout they owe??    Warmest regards Margaret Lilienfeld 

1 Reply 1
Margaret339
Level 2
Dolphin Coast, South Africa

The payment has been made....... so I apologise unreservedly to Airbnb on that account. However, without any communication or sending me transaction details support had closed my query with this message:  'This support case is closed. Still need help? Visit our Help Center. 

I therefore stand by criticism of the support structures - it would appear that standardised messages are generated without anyone actually reading the request or responding appropriately.