Landlord permission letter

Nelson59
Level 2
Miami, FL

Landlord permission letter

My landlord has approved the use of his appartment for Airbnb.  Anyone have a template permission letter I can have him sign?

5 Replies 5
LaNaya1
Level 2
Calumet City, IL

I'm sorry I can't help with your question but can you tell me what steps you took in approaching & getting approval from your landlord? 

Nelson59
Level 2
Miami, FL

I've never had my landlord sign a letter I always make sure the lease states that I can sub lease.  Unless you're paying him more I would be careful making the landlord sign something formal that might make him or her reconsider.  

Thanks for your feedback. So if the lease allows subletting then I shouldn't have an issue using the unit as an air bnb correct?

@LaNaya1  This is something you would need to discuss with the landlord. Subletting long-term if a tenant goes away for 6 months is different from short term rentals on Airbnb or other vacation rental sites. Some HOAs or buildings may have rules against short term rentals. 

And how would you plan to cover damages or other maintenance needed in an Airbnb? If the guests clog up the toilet and there's a $300 plumber's bill, how would you pay for that?

Nadia876
Level 1
Miami, FL

Hi, do you got the example letter,  I need one to apply to the city certification. Thank you.