Late Check Out

Gladys15
Level 2
New York, NY

Late Check Out

Had a guest who was suppoed to check out at 6pm.  He didnt reply to me when I asked for key drop off until 7pm (an hour after he had to check out) He told me he was leaving at 9am the next day. When I told him he had to pay an extra night and I told him the rate he said he was leaving and ended up leaving passed 9pm. Is there a way to charge a late check out fee?

36 Replies 36

That is easy, your business you rules, decide on a policy and enforce it. If you allow late check outs the only issue is they are free or at extra charge.

David

I did allow but they still left three hours after the time agreed. What then?

If they are there after they should be you tell them to leave.

David

Thanks Lizzie. Though it went off topic, it was very helpful for me!  I still do need some advice as I requested a fee from the guest and have not heard back.

This has become such a problem especially when you have back to back bookings. I am, reluctantly, adding a late check out fee for those do not give at least 24hrs notice of need and/or who stay 1hr over after check out.

I always try to be accommodating when guests discuss these issues before check out.

Ettice:

But how are you handling the charges for a late check-out? through Airbnb or does the guest pay directly to you?

Thanks,

Fernando

Fernando221
Level 1
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Gladys:

Did you ever get a formal answer on how to handle the late check-out?  Is this a charge that is handled through Airbnb?  

Do you know if there is a procedure in place for lost keys and gate clickers?

Thanks, 

Fernando