Late night Airbnb reminder texts

Mike-And-Amy3
Level 2
Litchfield, IL

Late night Airbnb reminder texts

Are there other hosts that receive text messages from Airbnb in the middle of the night reminding them of upcoming reservations? I never turn my phone off and I only want to be awakened by important texts. Reminder texts should only be sent during daytime hours. What are other hosts comments about this? Thanks. Mike

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mike-And-Amy3 The sun never sets on the Airbnb empire - But perhaps their clever tech people can work out when its daytime in each timezone......

@Mike-And-Jane0 wrote:

@Mike-And-Amy3 happy wheels The sun never sets on the Airbnb empire - But perhaps their clever tech people can work out when its daytime in each timezone......

OK,I get it,tks!

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Mike-And-Amy3 @Reiko20 

Do switch off the text message button in notifications page via Airbnb App

1. Click on your profile 

2. Click on the notifications 

3. Click the button on the right top page of notifications 

4. Do motivate by turn on or turn off the button of email, text message, phone call as your preference 

Profile page, click on notificationsProfile page, click on notifications

Notifications pages, click top right buttonNotifications pages, click top right button

Notifications pageNotifications page

Motivate by turn on or turn off the buttonMotivate by turn on or turn off the button

Hope you can solve it out

Happy Hosting 

Rik2562
Level 1
Florida, United States

Yes, twice in the past week alone. I'm booked solid, and I know how to use a calendar. Please go to Send Feedback under your profile and let Airbnb know we want these messages to be optional. I can't turn off all notifications, or I'll miss new and cancelled reservations. Very unhappy about this.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Rik2562 @Mike-And-Amy3  You can easily fix this.  Account->Notifications->Reminders-> turn off text messages and browser notifications and leave email checked.  These reminders are separate from bookings, inquiries, requests, and messages from guests - you'll still get those.

Rik2562
Level 1
Florida, United States

Thank you! Found it on the website. These settings don't appear to be in the app.