Late payment

Malcolm4
Level 1
Taunton, United Kingdom

Late payment

This is becoming regular; Single nights are paid out immediately but longer stays, therefore larger amounts, take longer to be processed. I am now in a position where the guests have checked out BUT Airbnb are still holding the funds. This is unethical as they have had the funds since the guest booked, they take fees from both but are still keeping the funds.  It is very hard to find a way of talking to a real person about this as Airbnb are great at fobbing off enquiries.

Regards

36 Replies 36

Same thing just happened to me for the first time... I called and they said it would be a couple of hours before payment would be released. I called again and they said it would be the next day... Hosts should be able to charge fees when contracts are breached.

Eric1085
Level 2
Seattle, WA

It seems like there is a plan in place & an active dishonest trend to delay payments to hosts for a longer-term (more than 28 days) stay.

I have been a super host for quite some time and normally only do short-term rentals and have never had a problem with payments hitting my account within 24 hours of check-in until now...

AIRBNB takes the payment in advance, why should the host be made to go through the rigmarole of sending emails and contacting them on phone? This blatant dishonest business practice is ripe for a class action lawsuit and AIRBNB should be held accountable.

AIRBNB holds our money, Airbnb is not paying on time, Airbnb is ripping us off, Airbnb is slow paying. Airbnb IS making money on float, Airbnb IS making money off float, all unacceptable.

We should be able to charge late fees and interest for breach of contract...

Eric,

Money on the float... 

AirBNB, which presents itself as a very socially concerned company, should donate all of the float profits to charities as voted by Super Hosts. Afterall, are they a social sharing platform as proclaimed, or an organization involved with usary of its Hosts? Injustice is injustice, no matter the legality. This is an opportunity for their leadership to do the right thing and who know's, others may follow.

Looking back over the conversations it seems this has been going on for some time .. delaying payments. It just started with me. I wonder if there's some glitch in their software that occasionally and randomly screws up?

Susanna4
Level 2
Grass Valley, CA

Yes, they are running 15 days now. Having canceled the experimental 1/2 fast, 1/2 in 3 days @1% fee, I now had to wait over two weeks for payment on a two night stay! The manager I spoke to said it normally takes between 3 and 15 days. Well, their website touts three, not with standing holidays and weekends. What's happening? And, they just sent me my tax information, that's just a few days before taxes are due on April 15th in U.S.A. Wouldn't you think many would have already done taxes? Geeezzz. What goes?

Rhona14
Level 2
Great Gonerby, United Kingdom

My receipts from ABB - for whatever the length of stay - have changed from immediate receipt on second day of visit to bank transfer, a payment policy enjoyed for some years, to after 9 days "taking into consideration weekends and holidays" if I'm lucky.  Clearly they have changed policy without notice - cash flow issues??  I wonder where cash funds held are being directed???   Hmmmmm???

Allan30
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

I have just been told late payment has been referred to more suitable member of staff then nothing. First time in 5 years but very troubling. Maybe airbnb are not so financially sound as they pretend?

I just experienced the same thing. My guest checked in Jan. 20 and I'm still waiting. Customer service says there is a "technical" issue but hasn't yet given me a time yet. This is a big chunk of money as it's for 30 days.  I've been a host for 7 years but starting to get fed up.

I have been waiting for payments outstanding December 2019 and january 2020. This is unacceptable I sent a lot of money whilst hosting. I am not satisfied with pending amounts sitting for so long without being attending to

I have had the same happen to me. I have an owner owed thousands in outstanding monies.

Airbnb have been nothing short of atrocious and unethical in their response.

I am gobsmacked at their complete lack of trained staff, some who haven't very limited English and limited skills in resolution.

If Airbnb think that floating their company is going to help their issues, they are sadly mistaken.

Brian Chesky must be a very immature person to believe that Airbnb are doing well when so many people are unhappy.

Ellen167
Level 1
Longmont, CO

My latest "chat" to try to resolve that I haven't received my payment for my guest for the month yet. (He checked in two weeks ago.)

Thanks for your message - Airbnb Support is connecting you to a chat agent. Your chat session will begin in 1 - 2 minutes.
12:29 PM

(Copied the above at 12:51. Still waiting.)
Thomas-and-Linda1
Level 2
Kreuth, Germany

I have exactly the same problem. Guest rented my house for 2 weeks, wich represents a high amout, are there since last week abd still no payment. Unacceptable!

How could we join forces to do something about this? 

Michel-Et-Sylvie0
Level 2
Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France

Thomas and linda

I am in the same situation.

I have been waiting for one month : 2400 euros.

It's a shame.

Air bnb always askes to to respond to travelers on time, but it doesn't have the same policy with owners. 

He should give us rate interests.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Pierre-Francois1 and @Thomas-and-Linda1 I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with payment. It's a good thing you reported it here on the CC, as I can now send your details to the appropriate department. There seems to be a glitch affecting some customers in the last few days.

Could you let me know if you've spoken about this with Airbnb's Customer Service and if so, when? Also please let me know since what day you have been waiting for payment.

I will send them a message with the details as soon as you provide the above information.

Thank you!

PS I'm also tagging my colleague @Katie because I'll be on holidays for a couple of weeks starting Monday, and I don't want you guys waiting any longer for this to be resolved.

Thomas-and-Linda1
Level 2
Kreuth, Germany

Hi, thanks for replying.

I send 2 messages to through the support page from Airbnb, yesterday and today.

Can't find them anymore by the way...

Latest guests have arrived last saterday and no payment was issued, no mail, no message.

It is an important amount of money and it is very scarry to know it is on the Airbnb accounts for months now and not payed when it is due! 

I know what happens when economics don't addup anymore...

So in my latest message I wrote that the new guests comming on 22/08 will not be allowed in the house till payments are received. I will clearly communicate to them what is going on.

Appart from this getting settled I need some re-assuring I should stay with Airbnb.

I guess I can't trust it anymore...

Regards,

Thomas.