Late payment

Malcolm4
Level 1
Taunton, United Kingdom

Late payment

This is becoming regular; Single nights are paid out immediately but longer stays, therefore larger amounts, take longer to be processed. I am now in a position where the guests have checked out BUT Airbnb are still holding the funds. This is unethical as they have had the funds since the guest booked, they take fees from both but are still keeping the funds.  It is very hard to find a way of talking to a real person about this as Airbnb are great at fobbing off enquiries.

Regards

36 Replies 36
Dirkjan0
Level 2
Edam, Netherlands

Hello everyone, I have the same issue. Had two different groups this weekend. The second one is already paid out while the first one isn’t. It should be there for 5 days. Contacted airbnb a couple of times by email / chat with no response.. and I can’t find the messages anywhere either. I’ve kept the internet tab on so I can refresh that but no response.  I’ve had this one time in the past months ago and then it was easily fixed and paid after I called. Weird that so many people have the issue... 

right now I have a group of 6 for 3 nights, I hope I will receive that.... will try to call soon..

Michel-Et-Sylvie0
Level 2
Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France

I have been waiting for the transfer of 2400 euros for 28 days.
We do not respond to any message. When I manage to have a person on the phone, I am told that we are transmitting to the technician. It's a shame. I should have late interest.
I'm gonna take some action, I can't wait

Dirkjan0
Level 2
Edam, Netherlands

Ive just got a response. The person that booked my b&b didn’t have any balance on their account for the payment. I thought you had to pay at first to book a place, but alright. Seems I’m getting it soon. 

Jonas218
Level 2
Brasília, Brazil

Same problem here. I am waiting for 40 days for the payment. Since July 7 I have hosted 4 guests and all of them are delayed.  I'm Very worried. Customer service just says they have no information, but the problem is beying solved by "technicians".

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Thomas-and-Linda1 @Michel-Et-Sylvie0 @Jonas218,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have a missing payout. I have just received an update about your cases from the Support team, so I will reach out to you individually via DM shortly with more information. 

In the meantime, I thought it would be worth sharing that when messages seem to 'disappear', it is usually the case that you have opened multiple cases on the same issue, so there are duplicates. When this happens, they are merged into each other, so as to avoid different agents working on the same issue. While the cases are merged, the messages are not actually lost, so the agent or Case Manager can take a look into the merged cases if they need more info.

I hope this helps to provide some insight 😊

Loring1
Level 6
Somers, MT

Horrible. I can understand a small delay, but honestly the lack of support is telling. I've been waiting for 14 days and have contacted CS 3 times. Each time, I am told my "case" has been assigned and I will hear from someone "tomorrow." I have not been contacted and there is no evidence of my complaint other than a chat thread...anything I try now, gets looped back into the same chat thread and I can get no help. Telephone leads to the same CS tech who is "powerless" and says they have elevated the issue.

Annie360
Level 2
Dartmouth, United Kingdom

I also am seeing more late payments, my current guests paid Airbnb exactly a year ago, are here for a week leaving tomorrow and still no payment.