Laundry powder/liquid recommended for front loader washing machine for Air bnb host in Australia

Answered!
David3418
Level 4
Ringwood, Australia

Laundry powder/liquid recommended for front loader washing machine for Air bnb host in Australia

I want something that has a pleasant fragrance suitable for both male and female so that my bed linen, pillowcases and blankets etc have a "clean/washed" vibe. Of course, it has to be readily available in my locality.

Please provide advice if you can.

1 Best Answer

Thanks for your feedback. I checked pricing and the Abode powder is good value for an environmentally friendly product when purchased in 5kg quantity.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hi @David3418   From across the ocean in Auckland, New Zealand, may I suggest you steer clear of the current Dynamo Range, whilst a great product that works one must ensure that laundry is dried in the sunshine and wind for at least 4 hours to remove the strong smell.

The powder works ok but one needs to ,make sure it's dissolved prior to putting in the machine.

Some of the Persil liquid seems to work well and not be so strong smelling.

Have you considered making your own naturally?

@Kath9 @Cathie19 @Max144 

and others based in Australia, are you able to provide any helpful suggestions to @David3418 ?

Thanks in advance

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@David3418, I order mine in bulk online - I generally use the Abode laundry powder, which has no artificial fragrances, petrochemicals and phosphates, so is environmentally friendly and excellent for anyone with sensitivities. I buy it in 5 kg buckets. It comes in fragrance free, lavender and mint or eucalyptus. The fragrance is subtle and would be fine for any gender.

The other one I use on occasion (when I make a trip to the 'big smoke') is the Almat Laundry Powder Concentrate from Aldi. It also has a fresh, subtle fragrance and is a good price if you have an Aldi in your area.

Thanks for your feedback. I checked pricing and the Abode powder is good value for an environmentally friendly product when purchased in 5kg quantity.

I have ordered some of it now, with eucalyptus fragrance.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Wow, thanks @Kath9 , I thought you would come up with a solution.

We don't have either of those brands here in New Zealand, are they manufactured in Australia?

@Helen427, the Abode products are made in Australia. I don't know about the Almat brand. Do you guys have Aldi in NZ? Otherwise, maybe you can buy Abode cleaning products online and have them shipped to NZ?

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Kath9 No Aldi in NZ, yet,  however we do have a few Eco type brands, some of which I've tried.

Shipping is still very much behind schedule both across the oceans and at the ports - 7 weeks plus time-frames which is madness, and ingredients not available.

We've recently had Australian made Golden Fruit biscuits back on the supermarket shelf, thank goodness as we like them from time to time.

Max144
Level 10
Bongaree, Australia

I use the Trimat laundry powder concentrate from Aldi and find its very good.

Jose-and-Isabel0
Level 2
Canary Islands, Spain

Hello

I would like to know your opinions, better dry clean or laundromat bed linen and towels ?