Leaving a review after your trip

Answered!
Paulo144
Level 2
Lisbon, Portugal

Leaving a review after your trip

I was not able to leave a review for a long trip I did to Brazil. Essentially it seems that unless you have good internet connectivity when on holiday and use your holiday time to do this, you are generally not able to leave feedback. I was surprised with this. 

I understand I could leave a reference to the fantastic host I had and also tried to do this but it does not seem possible. 

Any ideas, it seems that certain type of trips will tend to generate few airbnb reviews?  

1 Best Answer
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You have 14 days after your trip to review.

David

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You have 14 days after your trip to review.

David
Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

You will always have the chance of a review after you've left unless Airbnb has the profile reported, closed or suspended.

After check out you'll get prompted via the platform to leave a review. You can always access it directly at - usually after 12-24 hrs of leaving. Then you'll have 14 days to leave it.

Any ideas, it seems that certain type of trips will tend to generate few airbnb reviews?  

Well, all bookings will end up with a review option. When was your trip?
Can you see the review option when you follow this url?

https://www.airbnb.com/users/reviews

Thanks,

I had a better look and actually my confusion airbnb´s definition of a trip does not match the common definition of a trip/vacation. When airbnb refers to trip, it is essentially a specific booking for a stay in the same place. When we went to Brazil, we stayed for two weeks and booked 5 or so different places over two weeks. 

Anyway, clearly there is no way I can leave a review for our stay at the end of a two week vacation since this was the stay we had for a handful of days in Brazil. 

In their defense one could say most guests do not keep notes offline so they can remember how each of the specific stays were like I did. 

A bit of a shame as I will remember Valeria as someone exemplary and where you can be sure that your stay will be in the best hands including advice on how to deal with Rio de Janeiro´s customs, etc. 

When people do as you, they usually leave reviews between Airbnb's right after they leave their first place given that they have internet access.

I just got a review last minute and in my private message they told me that had written it in the train from Denmark to Germany but it didn't go through because of a bad internet connection and they just sent it (again)

Now you know for the next many trips or vacations!

True, this does explain why less sucessful places in countries with pervasive internet will appear to be better than top service in developing countries or when people take trips to the jungle like we did! And this is even when the place has great internet. ..

If you have internet service does not matter where you are. 

David

@Paulo144

Did you not get the reminders from ABB to leave a review?

David

@David704

Thanks for your help understanding the immediate challenge of this situation.

My goals was to do some root cause analysis, my point being that I kept all my reviews offline and managed to put them on hotels.com, expedia.com and trip advisor. It only came across this feature/issue with airbnb. 

I do not have any vested interest in airbnb, and on a direct basis I am purely a paying customer! As a customer, I will just do what each platform allows me to.

BTW, I was actually surprised that, differently to other platforms, airbnb has very effective filters to receive such customer feedback. Fact is a lot of other platforms like ebay and amazon do a lot more and work with much tighter fees. 

Lonnie3
Level 1
Westwood, NJ

I would like to see AirBnB lengthen the amount of time allowed to leave a review (which is currently  14 days). I know it may seem ridiculous, but through varying circumstances, it doesn't always work out to be able to deal with activity on ones mobile device while traveling. I'm thinking a months time after one's stay would be a whole lot more reasonable.

I agree with Lonnie,  AirBnb should lengthen the amount of time allowed to leave a review to at least one month.