Leaving a review for guests that have just gone

Sylvie215
Level 2
Agneash, Isle of Man

Leaving a review for guests that have just gone

Some guests have just left. I got an email to write a review. I follow the link. It says "you do not have access to this". I log out of my account and log in again, still the same message. 

Could it be that someone has hacked into my AirBnb account? I am the sole manager of the account. 

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

10 Replies 10
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sylvie215 I hope you are well!

It is probably a glitch in the system- there are many of them.

Have you tried going into the guests message thread in your inbox on the mobile app?

There will be a prompt there to review, and if it's working you should be able to review via there.

Paul.

Thank you Paul. Still no go. 🤔 Have now reset my security settings. Will have to be patient. AirBnb 2019-06-01 at 15.50.01.png

@Sylvie215 

can you access Airbnb at all? Does it accept your email and password?

If so then click on your profile picture in upper right corner / account / security... then scroll down to login history and there you will see who loged in at your account lately. If you notice something strange then check everything - your bank account no, payment method, phone number etc... and then change your password.

I hope it is just a glitch

Sylvie215
Level 2
Agneash, Isle of Man

Thank you Branka&Silvia. Nothing unusual seems to have happened. Still can't leave a review for the people just gone though. Minor issue compared to my account being hacked, which fortunately it doesn't seem to have been. Thanks again. 

@Sylvie215    Try going to your reservations page on your dashboard, click ALL reservations,  the completed resevations waiting for review have a "review" tab in red, click that.  If you still cannot access it, more than likely it is as @Paul1255    says a glitch.  But always err on the side of caution and change passwords etc.

confirm.png

Sylvie215
Level 2
Agneash, Isle of Man

Thanks Ange. No "Review" tab in red bizarrely by the reservation of the people just gone. Just "Details" and when I click on Details, their reservation does not appear. It's just blurred lines. "Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice". 

All your messages really show how helpful this community is though! THANK YOU!

@Sylvie215    Another way to see if someone else has logged into your account is to go Account  then click  Security and you will see a log-in history, it states the browser used, the location and the time of access. Not foolproof as anyone could be in same location and use same browser but, the time accessed may be revealing.

btw: In my experience Airbnb's server is super slow, and not synchronized to notifications sent out,  so maybe it hasn't caught up with the notification that was sent thus 'review' is not showing.

Sylvie215
Level 2
Agneash, Isle of Man

Thank you, yes, I've done that. It all looks normal but I have changed my password just in case. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sylvie215  Have you tried clicking on "Messages" in the top bar? I see the prompts to review there under "notifications".

Sylvie215
Level 2
Agneash, Isle of Man

Thank you @Sarah977  It won't let me either. Now wondering whether it's possible for guests to wipe any record of their stay (messages/ reservations etc...) as I can access everything else except that. And yet I would have written a good review!