Leaving negative feedback for guests

Sarah1709
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

Leaving negative feedback for guests

I have just had my worst Airbnb experience with a party of 6 causing damage to my deck and outdoor furniture 

BBQ fat splattered all over the deck with a $750 price tag and the outdoor seat I cannot replace so now I have to buy for of them total cost $1200

i contacted the guest via resolution centre who has declined - and I have escalated 

the previous guest said the deck was not in the condition I showed ie the damage wasn't there the week before

sooooo my question is do I leave my guests negative feedback - she had written hers before I discovered the mess a few hours later

any help would be greatly appreciated:)

5 Replies 5
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Sarah1709,

Why are you loosing time asking this question? Get going with that negative review!

A guest caused what you've been told is AUD$ 1200 of damage and you're doubting if you should leave them a negative review!!

In order to minimise the possibility of the guest objecting and it being removed by Airbnb, keep to the review guidelines. Make it purely factual and unemotional.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/546/what-is-airbnb-s-content-policy

Steve.

Thanks Steve actually the total including the deck is $1980

its just I had read that when a host leaves negative feedback it could backfire

cheers

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Sarah1709, absolutely leave a negative review, especially for cleanliness and a thumbs down to not recommend to other hosts. Follow the guidelines, using professional and emotion-free language and sticking to the facts.

Good luck on recouping some of your money! 

Thanks so much !

Julie1228
Level 2
Mohegan Lake, NY

Dealing with similar issue with water damage done to the floors. The guest did give me all 1 stars,but to me it's worth it to warn everyone esle about her.