Lebanon bombing tragedy

Lebanon bombing tragedy

Dear Airbnb team,

first of all, I hope every one of you are staying safe through the corona pandemic. Secondly, I wanted to share with you an idea concerning the tragic incident that happened in Lebanon two days ago that damaged many Lebanese houses and left them homeless on the streets. My idea is based on your Covid-19 responders initiative where you can apply the same concept but for the Lebanese currently residing on the streets.

Thank you and stay safe!

@Airbnb 

17 Replies 17

@Helen3 

Thank you dear for the generous donation and hopefully, things will be better for Lebanon.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Ria16 @Helen3 The safety of our community is a top priority. Our immediate focus is on offering support to NGOs on the ground and hosts and guests in the region. While we are not activating our host community through Open Homes at this time due to concerns about structural safety, we are continuing to closely monitor the situation as it develops and considering all options.

Relief organisations on the ground are best placed to determine safe and appropriate locations at this time, and we are providing funding support for accommodation.

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

Thats disappointing

and yet in earthquakes you do

https://www.airbnb.co.nz/openhomes/disaster-relief/terremotopr20

Have donated