Left holding on the phone rant!

Jackie237
Level 4
Hastings, United Kingdom

Left holding on the phone rant!

I called Airbnb support in the early hours of the morning as I wanted some advice about noisy guests in one of the rooms in my home which I also live in. Someone answered my call and said he would put me through to a case manager and he put me on hold. After thirty minutes of being on hold listening to music, this was now 1:30am I started an Airbnb online chat going because I didn't know what was happening. Bear in mind I'm still on hold waiting for this case manager. The online support said your case is being escalated and someone will get back to you. She didn't say disconnect the phone so 52 minutes later I'm still on hold! I did dissconect the call but to be put on hold for 52 minutes and for no one to come back on the line to apologise for the delay is disgusting, bear in mind it was nearly 2am. It was definitely the B team on duty last night and still no one has got back to me regarding the advice about my noisy guests. I'm livid! 😡 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What advice are you looking for exactly @Jackie237 

If you have a guest who is being noisy contrary to your house rules or unreasonably presumably you have already spoken to them.

If they are still being noisy, tell them that if they don't quieten down you will need to talk to Airbnb about cancelling their booking.

As you know because of the Corona virus Airbnb and other hospitality businesses are stretched to the max so are taking longer to answer. 

If there is something in particular you want advice on, not covered by Airbnb Help,  why not post here.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jackie237  As a home-share host, it's up to you to enforce your house rules and respect for you and your space. Unless you have already asked the guests to keep the noise level down and they are ignoring you, there is nothing to talk to Airbnb about. If you have spoken to the guests and they are just continuing to behave this way, then you have to decide if you want to cancel the rest of their booking or let it go and make their behavior known when you write the review. If you want to evict them, then you have a reason to talk to Airbnb.