Lendell complaint

Lendell1
Level 1
Oakland, CA

Lendell complaint

The host Timothy in Huston Texas 

Yes he called me a black **bleep** and said if he ever see me again he was going to kill me an this all happened on the 1/10/2021 setting down at his dinner table, when I went to go meet him..so I cancell immediately. Then he said if I gave you guys a call he was going to kill me and said if I call you guys he was going to kill my family and took my ID From me and had all my personal information and had me stay there from 1/10/2021-1/17/2021 and robbed me for my cash of 700.00 dollars. $. I was scared to tell because I didnt want killed and him killing my family..  

Lendell
4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lendell1 

This story raises a lot of questions f.e.:

You cancelled reservation, but still stayed 1 week ?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lendell1 How is the police investigation going?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lendell1  This is a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not Airbnb customer service.

If a host made threats, racist comments, etc, you need to contact customer service.

@Mike-And-Jane0  A black man may not exactly have confidence about going to the police in Houston, Texas to report threats from a white racist, with good reason.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lendell1 and welcome to the CC. I'm sorry to see you had such an experience with your recent booking. I've sent you a DM regarding this. Could you please take a look at your earliest convenience. Thank you!