Listed as Entire Place when actually it isn't. I cancelled and want a refund, but how

Mike1103
Level 1
Moorefield, Canada

Listed as Entire Place when actually it isn't. I cancelled and want a refund, but how

I stay in Air Bnb for my business travel 5 nights a week and sometimes I stay on the road for weekends too.

I rented out a "Entire Place" Townhouse As I always select Entire Place checkbox. Once I arrived at the listing I looked up my check in instruction and noticed he says he comes and goes intermitently depending on his schedule but feel free to make yourself at home. I wrote him and he said I get one of the 2 bedrooms in his townhouse. I explained this isnt a truthful listing this is a shared place not the entire place. His response was I own the entire place you are free to use all of it too. He goes on to say others who rented have had no issues with the arrangement. I cancelled the listing but there was zero refund and none of the options in the disputed section allow me to claim a full refund for what I paid. I shouldnt only get a partial refund.

It seems impossible to find a way to file a complaint can anyone help me?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mike1103 

If it is a misleading listing, you can report it  by using the "flag" link on it.

When at the accomodation, you better could have contacted Airbnb and complain.

Maybe they would have cancelled with full refund or maybe relocate you.

If you cancel yourself, the cancellation policy attached will calculate the refund.

But you can still contact Airbnb, explain what happened and ask for refund.

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

best regards,

Emiel

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

You should call airbnb and explain what happened, my guess is you will get a full refund, you should also be able to review the host and make clear that his idea of 'entire house' is not the same as that stated on airbnb...where 'entire' means it is places that are reserved for exclusive use of the guest not shared in any way with other guests or the hosts.