Listed in the wrong neighborhood by Airbnb

Bobbi22
Level 2
Durham, NC

Listed in the wrong neighborhood by Airbnb

Hi there, hope you're all very well! Just started listing again and noticed they had a new feature showing neighborhood, which is fine ... but they have me in the next neighborhood and that's not so fine. I just sent message to customer service and also gave general feedback to tech. I read a notice that popped up while writing my message to them about the new feature where they say there's no way for hosts to change neighborhood assignment, that they consult with cities and cartographers, blah, blah, blah. But our neighborhoods are very different and all have different history, so it bothers me. Also, the feature enables guests to search for particular neighborhoods, so it does matter if they have you in the wrong one. Though not sure if guests will actually use that feature that much, the map seems to be the best way for me at least. Anyone else have this problem? If so, did you report it or call and was it able to be resolved? I don't have much hope at this point with all going on that they'll be in touch, but it seems high-handed that they didn't allow for error and a way to easily resolve it. Also like they don't trust hosts to list the right neighborhood perhaps? Also, never got a notice they were doing that at all. Really crappy communication on their part. Would have been better to let us know they were using the feature, let us check it before it became permanent, and have an easy way to resolve discrepancies.

1 Reply 1

@Bobbi22  When guests are particular about what part of a city they want to stay in, the feature they're likeliest to use is "Search as I move the Map." This one doesn't recognize the political borders within cities - it just searches listings inside the selected geographic radius.

What do you fear your prospective guests will think about you if they believe your listing is in the neighborhood 1 kilometer away from yours?