Listed without photos and receiving enquiries

Graeme-And-Claire0
Level 2
Bethesda, United Kingdom

Listed without photos and receiving enquiries

Hi All,

we are first timers and we have listed our property ahead of it being ready with a coming soon headline. 
I wanted to ask for any advice on managing enquiries with this in mind. 
we are receiving a lot of enquiries asking what it’s going to be like but we have described it all in the description it’s just missing the photos as we are just furnishing it now. 

any advice would be appreciated. 

thanks 

Graeme 

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Few people will book just on-the description alone. @Graeme-And-Claire0 

its not a matter of 'just the photos' - photos are one of they reference points guest focus on when choosing a listing

if you are getting lots of inquiries you may want compare your place against your competitors to see that you aren't under pricing. 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Graeme-And-Claire0 Not sure what you can do except field the inquiries. There is a saved message template you can use to create a canned response, but it won't stop the inquiries. If you don't want them, snooze your listing until it's ready. You're unlikely to get bookings without photos, so I'm curious what your motivation is in going live with an unfinished listing.

Have you blocked the dates you don't want booked, just to be safe? Getting bookings you can't accept would be disastrous for you.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Graeme-And-Claire0 You really shouldn't list without your listing being complete. You should snooze the listing and put it up again when you are ready to rent. 

I've never heard of anyone opening themselves up to inquiries when they didn't yet have a place to book.

Not to mention that the listing is losing the boost that Airbnb gives new listings in search results. The first few weeks of listing the space are essential to getting views and reservations. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Graeme-And-Claire0, I was just wondering if you've seen the helpful replies? It'd be great if you could let us know if everything worked out. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Graeme-And-Claire0
Level 2
Bethesda, United Kingdom

Hi there everyone,

thanks for the helpful replies. 
we removed the listing after the first couple of replies as it was causing a lot of confusion. 
we will be realising in a couple of weeks when we are completely ready. 

thanks again and what a great community and resource.