Listing Management Change-Over

Listing Management Change-Over

Hello Community!

We are seeming to be struggling with our change in roles in the running of the property.

Essentially -
The current Primary Host, with who's account the listing was started, is stepping back and I, as the current 'Co-Host' am needing to take over all aspects of the listing.
I believe that the change over of the Primary Host is as simple as a few clicks in the listing settings.

His reservations lie with aspects such as
-Super Host Status
-Reviews
-Future Bookings
-Transaction History

If anybody has experience with a similar situation? All feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, from Sunny South Africa!

5 Replies 5
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kai132  I hope you’re well!

Indeed it’s simple enough to change the primary host with a few clicks- but you’re not looking to do just that, you’re looking to take over as the listing admin, and there’s no way to do that unfortunately.

The points you mention: Superhost, reviews, bookings and transaction history are all tied to the listing admin account and can’t be transferred.

You’d need to relist the property on your account, you’d then be the listing admin and therefore have future reviews, Superhost status etc attached to your account.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Paul1255 But what is to stop @Kai132 taking over as primary host, changing all the passwords and carrying on. It must be possible as I see many listings where A&B are mentioned in reviews, the place sells and X&Y are then mentioned......

Sure @Mike-And-Jane0  assuming the listing admin would want to hand over their Airbnb account to @Kai132 and then she changes the names and passwords and payout information without problem then that could be an option.

Hello Guys!

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Yeah. We are hoping that it could be an amicable changeover, best case, allowing us to take over the initial account. Though that is seeming a bit tricky too, with ID verification and all that is involved with the profile?

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kai132  It’s definitely not the ideal solution, but seems like it might be the only option if you don’t want to start from the beginning again by re-listing under your own profile.