Listing Views metrics are inaccurate?

Corey183
Level 3
St. Augustine, FL

Listing Views metrics are inaccurate?

Hi all - We just finished our 1st weekend with a new listing and reviewing the quick metrics that AirBnB provides. What's odd to us is that Friday was our first full day, and it's showing only 1 view --- when we had 10 requests that day. Then On Sat/Sun the number 10x on views, but the number of reqs dropped significantly. 

Having been in Marketing for 2 decades, this is just a data point and not a trend; so we're not getting wrapped up in the performance.

What's odd to me though is the initial data point of views from Friday, which is suggesting that the metrics themselves are 24hours behind. Meaning Friday's number was really Thursday evening when it went live, and Saturday/Sunday numbers are really Friday and Saturday. This is further tested by looking at today, Monday, at 10AM. It's already showing that I've had as many views as I did for all of Saturday/Sunday, when it's only 10am. 

Anyone else running into this? Should we just chalk it up to 'it's off by a day?' How much is based on metrics being GMT-based, versus actual day of the week? 

Open for discussion if anyone has tips or thoughts. 

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Corey183  Yes, the metrics lag behind. For everyone.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Corey183 The view data cannot be relied upon. We have bookings for September/October  and yet according to the viewing data no one has looked at the listing in those months. I did ask @Scott to look into it - Not sure if he has managed to yet.

Keith822
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I'm finding the same thing. We have 6 bookings for January but the Monthly Export shows 1. We have bookings in every month for rest of the year but it shows zero views or conversions for any months after April.

@Keith822 I did hear somewhere that the data is only populated 3 months forward. This doesnt explain your January stat though.