Listing help please

Listing help please

Hi everyone! 

Something weird is happening to my listing. I have always had quite high constant daily views stats (12-15 per day) but for the past 6 days they have gone down to ZERO. This is really strange because it's high season, I have IB on, flexible dates and a lot of dates open because 2 guests decided to cancel last minute this month.. 

Last week I've had a bad experience with a guest and reported his messages to Airbnb as they were extremely insulting. One of my replies to this guest (after his insults started) was a bit cold (obviously) but nothing more, I just stopped this conversation when I saw where it was going. I am wondering if this could somehow have had an effect on my listing? I did not get any messages or notifications from Airbnb but this is just very strange 😞

Any thoughts or advice would be very appreciated! 

7 Replies 7
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Daria20,

If you're the owner and host of the property then there is definitely something unusual happening.

Your listing doesn't appear on your profile page.

Usually, when you hold the mouse over a profile photo on these questions a box appears where you can click on "View profile" and then "View Airbnb profile" to see the host's listing. When I do this for your photo it brings me to your profile page but there is no listing photo below your profile photo.

If you are a co-host then that is normal.

If you're not a co-host then you should contact Airbnb customer support.

Steve.

@Steve143 @Elena87

Thank you very much for your replies. 
I have now also tried to search for my listing and it does not come up (I've checked the dates, availability and the whole neighborhood + the ones next to it), so something's definitely not right. I'll contact Airbnb support then, thanks! 

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

Hi @Daria20

I just checked your listing like @Steve143 but I have a different result and can see your listing 'Beautiful Spacious Apartment in the city center!' in Moscow.

Also I noticed the views in my stats in the past few days also much lower than normal however, these figures are not always reliable.

I don't think your recent exchange with your guest would have any impact on your listing though. I suppose only a call to airbnb may clarify things though.

how can u do a new listing with same account

Hello @Roberto366,

When you have a new question it will be seen by more people if you add it by clicking on the "Start a conversation" button on these help pages. That way it will be seen by everyone on here.

Where you wrote yours it'll be seen only by people who read Daria's question.

You do a new listing on the same account by clicking on "Host" and then on "Manage listings" in the menu and then on the "Add new listings" button.

It will be the same process as for your first listing i.e. uploading photos, adding a description and house rules and a payout method etc.

Steve.

Colleen47
Level 10
Frisco, CO

@Daria20 Don't worry too much about the views. Mine have been all over the place and drop almost daily. Hard to gauge interest without them, but seems to just be another glitch. Also I noticed that they don't reset each month as they used to. Hopefully it's just a coincidence that bookings have slowed. I hear that a lot as competition has increased dramatically. Good luck

colleen

Hi @Colleen47!

Yeah I don't usually pay too much attention to these stats, but when they have been constantly zero for a week I suspected that something must be going wrong. I also tried to find my place through search and it wouldn't come up even though the days are open in my calendar.

So I called support today and they promised to check. One hour after that I got a new booking enquiry and when I checked through the search, my listing was back on. So there was definitely some bug in the system which caused problems with my listing's display.

So I guess it's a good idea to have a look at those stats once in a while 🙂 @Elena87 @Steve143

Daria