Listing not in search results

Listing not in search results

no one can find our listing in searches. It does not come up at all regardless of filters. Not on the map. airbnb isn’t helping us-have called customer service dozens of times-they keep saying they’ll sent it up the chain but nothing has changed in two months. No one can see our listing. we have made the appropriate changes...still doesn’t show up in searches. No bookings for two months. 

5 Replies 5

@Gigi-And-Kevin0   I went to your profile and clicked on your listing, but I was just sent back to the home screen. The same thing happened when I found your listing title on Google and clicked on the link. It could be a temporary glitch, but it appears that your listing has been deactivated/delisted rather than suppressed in Search.

Go to your Dashboard and select the "Listings" tab. What status is currently showing for your listing?

Hi Andrew, thanks for checking. The sea shanty is listed in our dashboard. I have gone over my settings with a fine tooth comb to no again. We have called airbnb literally dozens of times and get the same response:that they can’t see it either and will send it to the appropriate department, but we will definitely hear back from someone within 48 hours. Them we’ll get a support thread from that CS agent saying it has been sent to the proper department and they are looking into it. We respond with thank you, please let us know what we can do. Then a day or so later, that thread says this thread is now closed. This has happened more times than i can count. I can’t get anyone else on the phone other than CS and i start from square one each time i call, and the process starts over again. We’ve never heard back from them. Nothing-no information whatsoever. This has been going on for two months. We’re losing thousands in revenue now the beach is open and the busy season is here. Just seems we’re getting the run around. Absolutely despicable service. I would just be happy if someone contacted me and said they have a case number, etc and are trying to figure it out, but that has not happened. I am completely in the dark. Is it possible there’s something i’m missing on my end?

@Gigi-And-Kevin0  How frustrating this must be for you!  Unfortunately, I have no idea what's going on here. 

It's happened many times that Airbnb has de-listed a property without any warning or explanation to the host (the Terms of Service do allow for this). Sometimes it's the result of a specific complaint; sometimes a broader cull is done by an algorithm. The outsourced call centers fielding your query may not have received the relevant information, and the actual Airbnb staff to which the matter should have been escalated have been both overstretched by the pandemic and decimated by the company recently laying off 25% of its workforce. So while I do hope that this gets resolved soon for you, I'm sad to say that there's also a significant chance that nothing will be done.

I think if I were in this crap situation, I would go ahead and list elsewhere to see if perhaps I could get better results and service.  Alternatively, you could try creating a new (duplicate) listing - if the system takes it, it would presumably get a bump in Search from being new and from your Superhost badge.

Robert4800
Level 1
Largo, FL

I can't find ours either.  Searched by address, and any which way I could think of but nothing. Called the airbnb number and the recording informed us that the wait time would be several hours... LOL... Needless to say, we hung up.  I called VRBO several times yesterday and today and spoke to three LIVE people who stayed on the line with me for almost an hour... 

Geez-yeah-we’re dumping airbnb and going exclusively with VRBO. They seem to be filling the void from the disaster that is airbnb. I dont have it in me to call BS customer service even one more time....they are worthless and being completely opaque about what is happening over there....from my end i see complete and utter chaos-heaven forbid they should actually address and fix my problem....nope....i’m done with them.