Listing not showing up in search and no views

Michelle1095
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Listing not showing up in search and no views

Hi, hoping someone can help.

Airbnb says my place is listed but my listing is not showing up no matter how I search. My apartment is only available for 45 days (while I am away). I searched within these days, within the guest parameters, searched on map etc - it's just not showing up. Plus I've had no views for the last 2 days.

This is my listing: https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/27068311.. can someone please advise? 

Thank you in advance!

11 Replies 11
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Michelle1095,

I searched for "Entire place" accommodation in Maroubra and your listing showed up.

I don't know when you published the listing. It can take a day or so after publication for listings to show up in search results.

I had to move the map and zoom in on your area for the listing to appear as there are a lot of listings in the area. One other thing to check is that the "Search while I move the map" box on the map should be checked. Otherwise the search results won't be updated as you move or zoom in on the map.

Steve.

Screenshot (59).png

Michelle1095
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Thankyou for your help Steve.  I will take a look now. Much appreciated. 

Cheers

Michelle

Nancy610
Level 1
Missoula, Mt

I am having the same problem and just spent an hour and a half with someone on the help line who was totally unhelpful. 

Our place is also not showing up, although the person on the phone said it was. Maybe where she lives, but not on my phone, or comupter or husbands computer ARGH!!!!

When we search as if looking for a place, we always look at the map, and the map that shows up for our area does not show our place. No wonder we are not getting any listings lately!

What to do when the help line is not helpful?

Hi @Nancy610

I was able to find your listing, but even with a filter on “entire place” and a price window of $65-$80, your listing was on the third page (in Chrome on my iPhone). 

More experienced hosts can confirm or refute this, but I’ve read some feel that updating your calendar or listing very often helps to lift your listing up in the rankings.  Your calendar shows it was updated eight days ago. 

But, it is out there. 

Good luck!

Cindy, Thanks!

How do we update the calendar?

@Nancy610 - I play around with pricing or will sometimes block off a couple days if I'm thinking of taking a couple days off (I host within my home).  

And then we tried to help line again and the person we got was totally helpful and was able to resolve the problem. So my advice to people who are having problems with the helpline is if it’s not helpful first time, hang up and try again. 

@Nancy610 - curious what their answer was if you'd mind sharing.

There wasn't a clear answer. The help person fiddled around with the site and did some behind the scenes adjustments and suddenly we were visable again. No clue as to the inner workings. 

We host within our home also and just started in June so we are new to it. It is an apartment within our house, so we can interact a lot or not at all....

Alexandra535
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hello,

I've got problems finding my listing 

Central Noia newly refurbished flat. If i put Noia and the dates 5 days that i know are free, it doesn't show up on the map at all. What i don't understand is why listing that are miles away from Noia are showing up before mine, which is in central noia. 

When i add the filter 4 guests it's number 14 out of 21, so without filter it is buried down in the listings. Why?

Thank you for an explanation

Alexandra

Hi

I found it at number 19th and then it shows on the map, but why are listings miles from Noia show up as Noia and therefore before mine.

A bit at a loss really.

Thank you for any insight.

Alexandra