Listing of my booking has disappeared

Answered!
Ben3095
Level 2
Dawlish, United Kingdom

Listing of my booking has disappeared

Hoping someone might be able to help. Unfortunately, Airbnb won't give me any answers at the moment as I'm not the person who booked the trip, but I am listed as someone coming through the trip section. The original booker is currently busy with moving houses so I'm trying to sort things out in their place.

We booked a room for the three of us back in March for a trip, but when I checked it earlier the listings have disappeared and the Host hasn't received any reviews in the past three months. Obviously, I know reviews are based on the visitors actually doing so, but I would have liked to think that in three months there would be a least one or two reviews. We had picked the place based on previous reviews and them being a superhost with frequent reviews until July where they've just stopped.

Has anyone had any experiences like this in the past as I'm slightly concerned we may turn up without anywhere to stay if they've stopped hosting

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ben3095  Have you bothered to message the host? I suggest you start there. The listing may be snoozed, meaning the host isn't taking any new bookings right now, but that doesn't mean they aren't honoring the confirmed bookings they currently have in place.

If you don't receive any reply, then you'll need to contact Airbnb directly, let them know that the host is not responding and that the listing isn't showing at all anymore.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ben3095  Have you bothered to message the host? I suggest you start there. The listing may be snoozed, meaning the host isn't taking any new bookings right now, but that doesn't mean they aren't honoring the confirmed bookings they currently have in place.

If you don't receive any reply, then you'll need to contact Airbnb directly, let them know that the host is not responding and that the listing isn't showing at all anymore.

Ben3095
Level 2
Dawlish, United Kingdom

I have tried messaging them myself, but AirBnB won't let me message the host directly as I'm not the main booker, but I've been invited onto the trip so I can see it but not access any information due to Data Protection. I'm just trying to sort things out in my friends' place while they have almost no internet access after moving.

It sounds like the snooze option would explain a lot though. It's just my first time going abroad in 14 years and the last thing I want is to arrive in another country extremely jetlagged and nowhere to sleep it off 🙂 

@Ben3095  You absolutely have cause for concern, even if it turns out that there is nothing amiss-I wouldn't want to set off not knowing for sure if the booking was secure. You won't be able to contact Airbnb about this either, only the original booker will. If it's a good friend, perhaps they'll give you their account password so you can log into their account and message the host from there. Also, the host's phone number should be on the booking confirmation, so you could try calling or texting, although I realize that could incur long distance charges for you.