Listing suspended Airbnb won't say why

Gemma264
Level 2
Cadnam, United Kingdom

Listing suspended Airbnb won't say why

Hi there,

Really hoping someone may be able to help.

I contacted Airbnb today to find out about cancelling a booking as one of our family members has come down with Covid.

Airbnb instantly cancelled the booking for me, and said my superhost status and listing would be unaffected.

I went to my calendar to make sure it was blocked out, to discover my whole listing has been completely suspended.

When I tried to contact Airbnb, chat closed the case before giving any answer and the person on the phone said I'm not suspended but blocked. However, they couldn't say why.

Utterly flummoxed as to why this has happened, and very worried.

Has this happened to anyone else?

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Gemma264 

The listing shows as being (temporary) suspended. I guess this is the policy from Airbnb when there is a COVID infection ?

Gemma264
Level 2
Cadnam, United Kingdom

Hi there

Thank you for checking for me. On my phone it just says we're suspended, no temporary mentioned. This would make more sense. I just wish they'd explained it to me before doing it.

@Gemma264  They never explain first. 

A suspension is temporary. A delisting is permanent.

Gemma264
Level 2
Cadnam, United Kingdom

You're right. I've just had an email through explaining our listing is suspended until they check up on the Covid situation.

Great they're protecting our community 🙂

How long did it take for them to release your listing?

Keisha60
Level 2
Ajax, Canada

Hi 

how long did they take to reactivate your listing?

Gemma264
Level 2
Cadnam, United Kingdom

Hi there

If we could have guaranteed no contact with guests and no entry to the property, we'd have been back up and running in a week. 

But because we clean the listing we couldn't take bookings for 30 days.