Listing suspended

Shiveena0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Listing suspended

Hello all, 

I have taken to the community forum because after reaching out to Airbnb via support, phone and email they have ignored me since January 2022. I have been a host for a decade now and am completely disgusted with the lack of support and the silence from Airbnb. No notification, no email to let me know that my income has now been stopped, just pure silence. I have called multiple times always being left with 'someone will get back to you'. It's now the last day of March and I have been contacting airbnb since around the 22nd January 2022. 

The story: I am a co-host for another listing (separate to mine) and after an issue with a guest who lied her way to gaining a complimentary stay with airbnb in a hotel, I found that my listings have now been suspended. The guest made up a bunch of lies and then messaged us with "had the best night ever, Airbnb have put me up in a 4* hotel" with no explanation which we happily accepted. She made up an allegation to put in a complaint just so she can gain the complimentary stay - we could not believe it!!!! Anyway, moving forward we have tried our best to just continue as normal. The stress that she has bought to my family is unmeasurable and especially after 2 years out due to Covid, we can not believe that people can be so cruel to attempt to ruin reputations and incomes just to live like a posh princess in a hotel. 

Furthermore, Airbnb had contacted the main host of this listing and told them that their account will be suspended via email after their 'investigation' which was asking the main host to explain their version of what happened. Nothing had actually occurred apart from the booked guest not coming home so the host was left in the dark and sent a message to ask if the guest is ok.  The response was that the listing had been suspended. As a co-host I reached out with so much love to check in on the guest, then I was suspended.

Why is my own listing still suspended? The main host has received notification, I'm still in the dark as a co-host.  I still have no answer from Airbnb. I am a separate account, separate listing... why am I being treated like a criminal with zero notification or respect? 

I am very upset by this and feel like I need the support of the Airbnb community to try and at least get an answer. My listing has always scored 4.9 and above, I was aiming to work my way to a superhost and have made thousands for Airbnb over the last decade. 

Very upset, confused and somewhat irritated semi-host here trying to make do after the pandemic, just like the rest of the world. I've been at a loss of income for 2.5 months now... Please someone help me. 

Shiveena 

7 Replies 7
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Shiveena0  I am sorry it happened to you too, but this is the 3rd post I've seen today about suspension and the lack of communication from Airbnb.

Nobody here has any idea why Airbnb does that and what they try to achieve with this bad practice.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Shiveena0 , I'm so sorry to hear about this.

I'm sending this over to the team now so they can look into it more. They should be in touch with you soon and if I receive an update in the meantime I'll let you know as well. Hopefully we can get this resolved for you soon! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Can you please look into my suspension too please? I have children to feed. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Catherine-Powell Another day, another suspension. Yes I know I sound like a stuck record but this is an issue that seems to be getting out of hand. I can absolutely see a few instances where suspension is needed before an investigation but surely not all of them. Does it really take 3 months to investigate?

I just hope @Shiveena0 is sorted out soon or at least told why they are suspended.

Same experience. Been superhost and just because of only one very entitled guest all my efforts are gone and haven’t received any notifications or explanation from Airbnb I just saw that from 4.9 rate dropped to 4.3 and got suspended 🤦🏼‍♀️

Cathi4
Level 3
Westminster, CO

If you email me I have a solution that might work for you.  ** (It happened to us, too.)

**[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Jean-And-Don0
Level 2
Langhorne, PA

this situation is all too familiar. Why doesn't airbnb value its hosts? Its unbelievable.