Listing type

Listing type

Hi Everyone

I am new here. I have a 6 bedrooms house and I am listing each room not the entire house. But each listing of a room even though I indicated as private room not the entire house, when searched by people it seems they are getting the entire house. Anybody know where and how to change the settings? I do not set as the entire place but each individual room in the house. Please anyone can help?

Thank you

Jenny

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jenny1349 

The listings clearly show "a private room" in the title and in the description. This setting is the "property type" (in menu:  listing details) . Guest should read your listing !

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jenny1349  Five of your listings clearly state Private room, but one says Entire home, so you definitely need to change that one asap. If you are getting guests thinking they are getting the entire house on the ones that are listed correctly,  make it quite clear in the beginning of the listing description that is a private room, not an entire house.

You also need to make it clear in the listing description that this is a shared home where there are 6 bedrooms rented out to separate groups of guests and describe which areas of the home are common shared spaces. 

As it stands now,  a guest would have no idea about any of that from your listing wording, and I wouldn't fault them for not understanding the living situation or being uoset to find themselves sharing a home with 5 rooms of strangers, especially during a pandemic.

You are basically running a hostel-type situation and need to make that clear. And is this even legal to do now with the COVID restrictions? I don't think so.