Listing verification process

Jeremy274
Level 1
Killcare Heights, Australia

Listing verification process

Hi All, pre-Covid there was a message from Airbnb for hosts to arrange a phone video showing of their listing to an Airbnb verifier. I arranged a time and duly showed the verifier around our Airbnb listed property and amenities - The Bouddi Retreat. The outcome of this process was to be an 'Airbnb verified' addition to our listing. Does any host know what happened with this initiative ?

Regards,

Jeremy Linton-Mann SH

4 Replies 4
Gary-And-Rose0
Level 7
Chemainus, Canada

Never heard of this sounds like a scam maybe?

@Gary-And-Rose0  No, no scam. Several hosts have posted on this and other hosting forums that they were contacted and had to do stupid things like open their silverware drawer to show that yes, indeed, they did have eating utensils in the utensil drawer. It was announced about a year and a half ago that they were going to start doing these video verifications.

@Jeremy274  I can't find it now, but there was another post here recently where a host was wondering the same as you. Probably one of those half-baked ideas that never gets followed through on.

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

Hi @Jeremy274 Yes, I did the verification of our listing with Airbnb back on August 13, 2020.  Started on the driveway to show there was plenty of off street parking and that it was a single family dwelling.  Video chat where I opened closets, drawers and so forth.  Showed all amenities listed for the entire property.  Walked around the back yard and patio.  Even went into the garage to show washer and dryer even though those are not made available to guests.  Took about 45 minutes,  Never heard another word or received any type of recognition on my listing page.  Wish Airbnb would put that much effort into verifying guests.

Hi Linda and Richard, that's exactly what happened to us, and I'm guessing that a lot of listing hosts as well as us would have partaken in the video showings. How do we progress this with Airbnb do you think ? Regards, Jeremy 274