Listing

Laura2237
Level 1
Sylvania, OH

Listing

Would anyone be willing to review/critique my listing? I would like some constructive feedback! 

Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Laura2237 I'll start you off 🙂

I know you're not charging much, but where's the bed ?

The place looks unlived in, needs a few bits and bobs here and there.

Have fun hosting.

Heather106
Level 4
New Orleans, LA

I also agree on having pictures with the beds set up. Regarding that, you allow 4 guests but list 1 queen bed and 1 single bed. That sleeps 3, where’s the 4th going to sleep? You also state that you provide breakfast, you might want to get more specific in your written description so guests know what to expect. You also might want to state how many cars you can accommodate for parking and if it’s street/driveway/garage...

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

1. The first pic (due to the lighting/lack of) gives it a ever-so-slight Amityville look (eek!). That said, it is an attractive building, so perhaps take again with a differnt light perspective. 

2. The pics look like they've been taken straight from an estate agent's site (RED FLAG: Is this a legit listing, or are they selling it?).

3. Is Main St a place? Google doesn't immediately say one way or another. 

4. Leave some spacing between paras, and don't captalise words (this makes them harder to read and a bit, well, text-speak).

Plus what the others said. 

Good luck with your listing.

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Laura2237, first of all, I think that it's a great idea to get other hosts to critique our spaces and it shows initiative on your part to ask others to do so.

Your space looks nice, well taken care of, clean and is quite large. However, I agree with the others that it looks unlived in and almost as if you're wanting to rent it long term. If you are only looking for long-term guests who will actually 'rent' the space, then you should probably specify that. For the price, I would look at raising the price a bit, as $25 seems too low, but I'm not familiar with that area.

I would get a few beds for sure and add some personal touches such as more pictures on the walls, plants, rugs, show some pictures with towels, shampoo, and soap that you offer, etc.  The kitchen also needs some items showing such as a way to make coffee and anything you might provide such as teas.

Lastly, go over your description and make sure that everything is accurate as far as the number of beds matching the number of people allowed and also delete a few of the blurry photos.  Good luck with tweaking and making your place special - it takes us all some time to get everything as we each want it.