Location Reviews

Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

Location Reviews

I don’t claim to be in the best location possible for visits to Yosemite  national park but I do let people know we are 30 miles from the gate and it’s another 45 minutes to the valley floor when they book. I also have exact location on my listing. Yet I’ve received several 4 star reviews  on location. The last review  was the most upsetting because when he booked I let him know the distance.  He said that’s exactly what we thought it would be, and thanks for confirming it. Anyway later he decided to try to change his rating. I didn’t ask him to but what’s interesting is when he called customer service they notified him 4 stars were great it’s only three and below that are bad. Lol. Airbnb makes it so hard to be a host. Location should not be a category.

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Don't sweat it. It's a minor issue. Airbnb doesn't count the location or value rating in any way that affects hosts. Plenty of hosts get less than 5* location ratings, when, just like you, they have accurately described it. My only 4* location rating was from a guest who specifically asked me how far it was to the place she was taking a course to my place which I told her quite accurately.

And I remember a post from a host on a thread here about location ratings (there have been several- do a search) who had a stunning, modern place on a hilltop overlooking miles of pristine beach in the Philippines, complete with infinity pool, who said he regularly got low location ratings because guests got fussed that it was a 10 minute drive to the nearest grocery store.

@Jillian115