Location reviews unfair...

Connie339
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

Location reviews unfair...

I just wanted to share my feelings about location reviews.

I’m very detailed in my distance from downtown, yet sometimes people five the location a 4, but they are the ones choosing to book after reading the location.

does this seem fair?

can location reviews be removed or described differently?

4 Replies 4
Cassi4
Level 2
Cambria, CA

I feel like the Location rating is BS.  Location means something different to everyone (like  VALUE) and even though you are clear on your description about where the property is located, some people book something affordable then complain it wasn't close to downtown.  I feel like this is a useless category to grade a property, especailly since the EXACT location isn't given until someone books.  

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Connie339 🙂

I have had the same problem. People downgrading me for not being in the city center. Or simple because they thought a 4 star rating would be fine. They choose my place because it is much cheaper and easier to park -until last year my little area was the only one left with free parking and busses driving 24/7 just around the corner taking people to the city center in about 10 minutes. I have written an explanation and added it to me listing so people know before they book. That way they don't feel tricked into rating me with 5 stars. I have tried to educate and explain airbnbs rating system. That 5 stars means nothing than that everything was as described when booked incl. location. It has helped a lot and I haven't had lesser bookings. 

Best, Sandra 

Thanks Sandra - that’s a good idea. Thank you 😊 

Natalie127
Level 2
South Australia, Australia

I just received a 2 for location after giving exact position in town prior to booking, googling the distance from the local racecourse and providing information on transport options including the 3 train stops required, taxi and uber options and walk/drive time. We are located next to a police station in a quiet, historic, residential part of town, tree-lined, yet 150m from shopping complexes. Have received 474 reviews. If I arrived at a place and discovered it was next to a sewerage treatment plant, I might give it a 1, so feeling so glad that I'm a cut above that! Sometimes you've just got to shake your head in disbelief and hope they stay at any of the many places available which will give them a reality check (and price check). Sigh! Don't let the turkeys get you down!!