Locked myself out of my bedroom in an AirBnB.

Margey0
Level 2
Plano, TX

Locked myself out of my bedroom in an AirBnB.

I locked myself out of the master bedroom of my AirBnB I am currently staying in. I contacted my host who had the co-host come by and try some keys, but none worked on the door. They told me I have to call and pay for a locksmith on my own so I went ahead and did that and they couldn't have the door opened, and had to re-key the door. I ended up fronting the bill for this, but I was curious as to whether you all think maybe they could help cover the cost because they didn't have a key to their own house.

Edit: there was no key to begin with. I did not lose anything. It was a turn lock.

15 Replies 15
Brittani7
Level 4
Florida, US

I don't exactly know what Airbnb would do.  If you are trying to get your money back that was used to pay for the lock smith then they might be able to help.  I don't know what reproductions it might cause on the host or your stay.   It would be up to you to either let it pass and move on or continue to fight it if you feel you should not have payed.  You could also try taking it up with the host first and express your concerns if you haven't already.