Log-In problem

Vicky3
Level 2
Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

Log-In problem

I am a long-time member and having problems logging in to my airbnb account. I log in, but when I try to click on something, e.g. my inbox, it asks me to log in again. When I do, I get a notification saying my account cannot be authorized. I can log normally in if I use incognito / private mode. Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?

I have a trip coming up and am hosting in a week and can't afford to be locked out of my account.

50 Replies 50
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Vicky3 Only airbnb can help you with technical problems involving logging into your account.  You can call them or go to @airbnbhelp on twitter.  We are not Airbnb...we are hosts helping other hosts to the extent we can.  Your issue requires someone at Airbnb to look at your account on Airbnb's website which we do not have access to.  

Vicky3
Level 2
Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

Thanks for your answer, @Clare0. I got in contact with them. Apparently it is a technical issue on their side. It sounds like everyone who originally signed up with a Facebook account is affected. You have to reset your password using your Facebook email address. That should sort out the issue.

@Vicky3 Great! You should go to @Lars0 post and tell him what you had to do since it seems he might be having the same problem.  Glad you got it fixed!

Hi Vicky,

I'm having the same problem. where to you reset your FB password?

@Vicky3,

I'm having the same problem. where to you reset your FB password?

It happens to me while trying to log in using Gmail. I made a video of it because when I called them, they said that since they can't replicate the issue, that it isn't a bug.  Video here -

https://youtu.be/tBHC_H7Y2hg

Does anybody have an email to AirBNB tech support? 

Will AirBNB people read this message?  I don't twitter so I can't send the link via their twitter account. 

Yes, I normally log in either via receiving a request to book  OR  with FB,  but I recently decided I should be able to access my AirBNB account fromloging in with Air directly to my account. But when I went to do that, it refused to allow me to log in, saying it did not recognize my 'old' password (which was right there 6 stars). I have tried everything to figure out what 'old' password is 6 characters long --- since they are supposed to be 8 characters (and nothing I have ever used for a password onlie is less that 8--- but the Air msg persists, and even though I get a 'reset your password' email, it still will not allow me to create a new password because it says it does not recognize my old one. Sometimes I get a different msg saying not to use my name or address in the password (which I have not)  so I'm not sure why these silly automated repsonses are happeing but it is frustrating.  Then  tried the log out on AirBnB and enter via FB, nothing changed still no way to log in directly to my Air account and still no way to change that 'stuck' password on my account listing. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @J2 and @Odette1,

Great to meet you both, I am sorry to hear you are having this issue logging in. I wonder have you clicked on the 'forgotten password' and reset your password and seen if this has helped? 

Thanks, Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi,

I have a similar problem, I can log in without a problem, but if I want to go to "my account" or some of the other sections I'm asked to log in again. Once I do, I don't get an error message - I'm just at the login prompt again.

See screenshot below.

Any recommendations @Lizzie?

Best,

Mathias

Screenshot

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mathias4,

Can I check what browser you are operating in? 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Jane49
Level 1
Sheffield, United Kingdom

I am having a similar problem. I am logged into my account by default on my pc using Firefox v45.01. When I click on View Calendar, a new tab opens and I am asked to log in via Facebook or Google only, NO other log in.

Ruby16
Level 2
Samtskhe-Javakheti, Georgia

Have you figured out how to log in again? The same thing happened to me. Whenever I click on the link in my email, this site comes up:

http://bit.ly/2gV0B2O

Do you think it's hacked? I can't access my own account. I used to log in thru Facebook but FB also had my account locked. But I was able to access even until now. So I don't know whose fault is it now? Their site is redirecting me to another weird site.

Ruby

@Ruby16 This doesn't look like a real Airbnb site to me so I would advise you not to enter your login details.  I've never heard of raven-stone.com.   Always verify that you are on an airbnb.com site with https in front.  The "s" stands for secure. 

Yes, your account may have been compromised, possibly through Facebook.  

I advise you to contact Airbnb, preferably through Twitter if you have an account with them.  But here are all the ways you can contact Airbnb about this: 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Ruby16
Level 2
Samtskhe-Javakheti, Georgia

Thank you Clare but just as I was reading your message and tried entering the airbnb.com in my Chrome browser, it took me to my account the one with the https thing.  But then I have the feeling that this would happen again. It's really weird, I will see if this would happen again but I already tried to enter my log in details in the log in page. I do hope the infos are safe though.  So I think, do not click on the email but type the airbnb on the Chrome browser instead. That works. 

Also in this weird email said: 

Hello

I (Jolin), my wife (Susan) and son (Coll, who's 7) wanting to rent your location. We'd love to come stay in your cottage over the holiday.

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Jolin

And I listed an apartment, not a cottage. If you log in directly (not by clicking the email link), it doesn't show this pending request. But only the real ones where they specifically mentioned your location.

Ruby